How to prevent/stop harassment in comments?

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Someone by the name of iCraXz left comments on one of my videos calling me a *****, then saying theyre just fooling around, then called me a b***h, then again said like i said b***h! I flagged this persons nasty comments and left this message public on their channel: "
you shouldnt go around on peoples videos leaving comments calling them a b***h and a *****. i dont care if youre joking or not. normal people dont do things like that. watch my "makeup story" video where i address what i think of haters leaving negative comments on peoples videos and basically say they must be coocoo and losers."
i know there will always be crazy people who leave rude nasty comments on peoples videos. ive seen a lot of horrible ones on other peoples videos, im sure we all have. i was just wondering if anyone has any advice on dealing with those kinds of people. i dont want any harassment on my channel, not of me or of any of my viewers. those kinds of comments will automatically be deleted, and if the person continues to bother me they will just get blocked, so i honestly dont know why people bother with those ugly comments. so, just wondering if anyone has any advice, if theres anything else i could do to prevent/stop this type of behavior on my channel. i know i could set comments to be approved before being shown, but im honestly not embarrassed for anyone to see it, as far as myself. i dont feel embarrassed. i think that person, iCraxz, should feel embarrassed for themself. i think that person having flagged comments out there is more embarrassing for them, than anyone happening to see that comment under my video is for me. so yeah, enough about my little rant. if anyone has any advice, id appreciate it. thanks. oh and heres the video this peson left the comments under lol.​

RogueNinja

Reviewer, no longer gaming :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
when u upload a video go to settings and turn off comments or turn up the spamming filter so rude coments are disabled :)

Reactions: retrotulip

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
and this is the same video where this person called YESimPSYCHOTIC left this lovely gem of a comment. i blocked this person, but heres my response to his comment. is there something about this particular video that is causing people to go crazy?!?! LOL
i will be blocking you now, but leaving this message up so everyone can see what kind of creepiness i dont put up with. and i quote: "nice a**" and " What I'd do to put my face in between those cheeks ;P btw you're also very beautiful just felt like being an a** for once sorry".

--- merged: Jun 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM ---
when u upload a video go to settings and turn off comments or turn up the spamming filter so rude coments are disabled :)
thanks. i actually want to have comments under my videos. i really enjoy reading the comments people leave because i love seeing what people want to write. its just these harassment type comments i dont put up with. how does the spamming filter work? how does it know that the comment is rude?

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
it filters key words like swear words etc :)
oh ok thanks. if stuff like this becomes a bigger problem i may do that. i mean i think people should be able to use whatever kind of words they want to, as long as theyre not directing it towards a person and being offensive to anybody. and someone can leave rude disgusting comments even without using any swear words. so basically just, certain words arent allowed to pass.

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My advice would be to immediately delete the comment and block the user whenever this happens. Don't put any energy into responding to them, they crave attention and significance. That's why they are putting other people down, to feel superior. If you respond you are feeding their ego. But most importantly, take none of what they say personally - it's kids that want to feel important. Don't let it get you down. If possible, try and reframe it in your head to find the comments funny. Just laugh at the fact they are such ridiculous comments. Hope this helps, stay positive :)

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That kind of stuff is quite horrific which you've quoted above! I did put up with it for a while from the same users who kept coming back. But then I just had enough and now I instantly removed any hateful/trolling comments on my videos and block the user immediately.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you can also moderate your comments if its really bad and just approve the ones that are well not like that. If you moderate they will stop because there is no way they can get a comment through. Also remember to report them on each account they do it with. Leave the moderation on for a month and then turn it off. It will likely solve your problem for awhile :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i've only had a couple negative comments before...
To be honest, some people are dicks, and aren't worth bothering about
If they leave a comment, mark it as spam and it will be hidden

they will have added a comment and a view to your video so that's a lil positive, just ignore them and don't let it get to you :) x

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I always tell people don't respond to hater comments. Just delete, block and move on with your day. Don't even give it a second thought. These people have nothing going for them so they hate on people looking for a reaction...don't give it to them :D