How to post Youtube videos on facebook grps?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it better to post your thumbnail then link it in the comments or is it better to just make a statues and add the link there? Or does it even matter for organic reach on facebook

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Posting a YouTube link to FB definitely results in FB burying it into oblivion. It has been said by some that FB has even caught on to the "link to video in first comment" technique and buries those as well. Thats what I'd been doing up until now.

I'm going to try what I've seen some of the other big YouTube channels are doing. They create a 20-30 second "sizzle reel" of their YouTube video with on-screen text saying "to see more, visit YouTube.com/my channel" and upload that to FB. That way they get the big boost that FB naturally provides for native video. There's no direct link to your channel, but exponentially more people on FB will at least see it.

Reactions: Boris Qs

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Posting a YouTube link to FB definitely results in FB burying it into oblivion. It has been said by some that FB has even caught on to the "link to video in first comment" technique and buries those as well. Thats what I'd been doing up until now.

I'm going to try what I've seen some of the other big YouTube channels are doing. They create a 20-30 second "sizzle reel" of their YouTube video with on-screen text saying "to see more, visit YouTube.com/my channel" and upload that to FB. That way they get the big boost that FB naturally provides for native video. There's no direct link to your channel, but exponentially more people on FB will at least see it.
Thanks, Highfalutin' Low Carb that is one cool tip any other

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Before seeing this post I added a link to my status and then shared that status to the different FB groups I'm a member of. I'll definitely try out the suggestion made by Highfalutin tho.
Makes sense if you think about it really. It's a bit the same like sharing a 2 minute preview clip on Twitter.

TheHerdLife

Reaction score
T

That is a great idea I will have to try that.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can try using yt2fb (.com) which will convert your youtube link to a facebook friendly link and you will get the views on youtube and can save yourself from uploading natively to facebook

Reactions: Dave2017

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can try using yt2fb (.com) which will convert your youtube link to a facebook friendly link and you will get the views on youtube and can save yourself from uploading natively to facebook
The problem with that is it relies on that third party website always being around. If the site shuts down or goes away, so do all your video links.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The problem with that is it relies on that third party website always being around. If the site shuts down or goes away, so do all your video links.

Ih really your links go aeay if it shuts down ? Didnt know that

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ih really your links go aeay if it shuts down ? Didnt know that
Yeah, it's just a link service, using their URL instead of the YouTube URL. I give it a few months before Facebook starts to bury these links as well, since that's the sole purpose of their website - to "trick" Facebook into displaying YouTube links.