How to play as multiple characters

PrinceTaz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
I watch a funny Youtuber. I want you guys to watch this video and help me understand some things.
youtube[dot] com/watch?v=Uul3dvHeQ-k

How does he time it so perfectly? Also, how does he know exactly when to say things? Basically, how does he make it so fluid when he is talking to his boss. The audio even overlaps with each recording. I want to do something like that but I'm wondering if there's a trick to it to make it simpler.

NOT FOR ADVERTISING. I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH TPINDDELL

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
What I would do, and I'm not sure if this would help you or not, but if I was trying to replicate that scene I would:
1. Script out all the dialogue.
2. Record video of each character saying their respective lines.
3. Convert the video file into an audio file.
4. Check the length of the audio file and use that in comparison to the time you spend recording.
5. Put the clips in, trimming them as accordingly, and overlapping the audio onto parts where your character is silent.

Hope that helps! :)

Noah Richardson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
As he mentioned, the most important part is scripting it out beforehand. Make small cut scenes without speaking, just to have to make it a bit more fluent. You could either take the audio from the video tracks, record it separately, or I know Sony Vegas is good about having separate audio and video tracks which would make that easy.

Behizy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I do this on my channel and all it is is writing scripts like the other guys said. When you do that make sure you act as if you are talking to the other person (not the camera). I was like you but quickly got used to doing this