How To Not Procrastinate

Zach Butcher

Reaction score
So lately I've been struggling with motivation for making stuff for YouTube and also for school, was just wondering if anyone has tips for avoiding procrastination?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Take a break from Youtube.
I took a couple months off from working on videos, and now I'm finally getting back into the groove again.

Reactions: Crown

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
it sounds unhelpful but the best advice that I can offer is to just force yourself into doing something...anything! even if your internal organs are screaming at you to do anything other than what your doing just keep pushing on. and 9 times out of 10 it'll suck at first....I have loads of bits I'll never upload or release because they're terrible...but forcing myself to sit and make content pushes me through the procrastination patch inch by inch until before I know it im back in the groove of things... I have high and low periods of activity...at the moment im in a bit of a low patch myself...but im still recording, still battling on to cut things down and still keeping on top of things because I know I'll be back in the high period soon enough and I want to keep my momentum going :)

pcgamergirl

Coffee Fiend
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find that using my Google calendar to schedule ahead helps. If I know what goal I've set for myself that day, and can see it in front of me, for some reason that's more motivation for me to get it done. What can I say, I'm a sucker for ticking things off a list.

Skydmark1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The biggest thing for me is trying to stay excited about what I'm doing. If I'm excited about it then I can't wait to get it done and see the end result. It's easier said than done, making goals can help