How to not let dislikes get to you?

OneSpeak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is no way not to get any dislike on ur videos, but for the more ur content if good the less dislikes u get.

so just try to work more on ur videos quality.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It used to bother me but when people told me, that it still counts as engagement and helps people find your video it doesn't bother me as much, as they are effectively helping me. They never comment anything anyway, it still makes me feel a bit like "oh" when i see one, and it gets a bit more upsetting when the dislikes grow especially when its near the amount of likes, or even overtakes it but it is all engagement and its gonna happen the bigger you get, just try and ignore it

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Medicstudios

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont know how much of a difference this makes, but I sent in some feedback to YouTube about an idea I had for it, on how to recreate it back for it original purpose. Probably will just trashed :/

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Usually the hate is half-assed bitterness. Why should you care when they don't?

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Believe it or not..all types of engagement help your video rank..that includes dislikes and negative comments. Not to mention you got a view out of the deal. You can find something positive in almost anything..you just have to look a bit longer. Stay motivated

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As a side note to all of this. I'm finding my subs are growing extremely slowly, in 2 and half months I have 39 even though across my videos I have 3300 views which isn't really all that bad. In fact in the last week I've just lost 2 subs and gained none. I put a ridiculous amount of hours into the graphics, animation etc and I see people shoot up in subs much faster.

zirukurt01

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Cartoonist
My videos with real dislikes are ok because people lost their characters of my MUGEN videos. However, the mass dislikes from Joshea555 bothers me because it's not just wrong, it's also a violation to ToS and his friends mobbed me because joshea555 insulted my grades on test. I think Joshea555 will get away with his bad behaviour.

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you guys find dislikes on your videos get to you? I've got 6 videos currently, up until now all seemingly well received, lots of likes, no dislikes. I put up a part 2 to a video that was funnily enough my best received video and have an influx of dislikes, 5 compared to 8 likes.

Do you take it personally? Is it something that just happens from time to time?
Remember, those dislikes still count as engagement. They're helping make you and your vids that little bit more visible.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Like I said in the title, I got my first dislike today. I'm feeling pretty good about it though. I've got quite a bit of positive comments and a descent amount of likes recently. That tells me that there are people that are enjoying my content. I mean, it had to happen eventually, right?

The only reason I don't like dislikes is because I have no idea why they disliked it. I'm all about constructive criticism, you know? I don't get constructive criticism with just a dislike, it's kinda like a meaningless number really.

Anyway, just wanted to share this, maybe you guys could give me your thoughts. I'd like to hear how you guys feel about dislikes.

ScienceIsFun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got my 100th dislike yesterday!
Honestly, I just treat them like likes, it's engagement, someone cared enough to leave their mark :) YouTube doesn't care whether a thumb is pointing up or down, as long as there is one, and that's how I feel too :)

Sometimes you get a trail at once, and that's just a troll giving me some views and clearly upset/jealous/angry for whatever reason, which ultimately reflects more on then than me/my content.

And that is what I do to process dislikes.
Of course, if there was an unusual surge then maybe I'd be concerned if I'd accidentally said something controversial but otherwise, I think dislikes are just a reality of videos that get viewed, and in that regard, I welcome them :)