HOW TO MONETIZE GAMEPLAY - It Is Possible [Easy]

RawrIncGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's actually quite simple to monetize game play. Most people think that you are not allowed to because of many reasons.

If you are doing a walk-through of a campaign be sure to remove the cut-scenes (Some games like to trick ya by making them short and seem as if it's a live scene. [If you can't control your character/look around, cut it out])

And lastly, to make things 500% easier. Join a partnering network such as www.SocialBlade.com as they have licenses for you to monetize game visuals.

The main and super crucial thing to make this work is, you need to make the video "Fair Use"
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

[For some reason the font won't work correctly and is all screwy -_-]

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If its got a voice com over it, qualifies "technically" as a tutorial/educational/critique. You can monetize any game no sweat. Walkthrus/montages (due to music covering said game) and editing.

RawrIncGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If its got a voice com over it, qualifies "technically" as a tutorial/educational/critique. You can monetize any game no sweat. Walkthrus/montages (due to music covering said game) and editing.
I just posted this because I recently read a post where it said do not monetize gameplay or you will get raped with copyright.

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just posted this because I recently read a post where it said do not monetize gameplay or you will get raped with copyright.
Yeah I've read countless posts like that too... These people have no idea what they're writing about. I was afraid too at first but goddamn half of YouTube is gaming! And not only partners (which I just became. What what!) sometimes I'm actually surprised to see big channels like threatty, Mongol, drivingsimulatortv, etc. use unedited gameplay with no comm and have it monetized. I'm like WTF is going on here?

RawrIncGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I've read countless posts like that too... These people have no idea what they're writing about. I was afraid too at first but goddamn half of YouTube is gaming! And not only partners (which I just became. What what!) sometimes I'm actually surprised to see big channels like threatty, Mongol, drivingsimulatortv, etc. use unedited gameplay with no comm and have it monetized. I'm like WTF is going on here?
They have licenses that allow them to do that. Either provided by their network powering them or they purchased it.

Reactions: Crawlerz

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good comm by the way. Get more subs dude

dylanmanincfanatic

If My Thought Dreams Could Be Seen...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's actually quite simple to monetize game play. Most people think that you are not allowed to because of many reasons.

If you are doing a walk-through of a campaign be sure to remove the cut-scenes (Some games like to trick ya by making them short and seem as if it's a live scene. [If you can't control your character/look around, cut it out])

And lastly, to make things 500% easier. Join a partnering network such as www.SocialBlade.com as they have licenses for you to monetize game visuals.

The main and super crucial thing to make this work is, you need to make the video "Fair Use"

[For some reason the font won't work correctly and is all screwy -_-]

There's a major difference between "fair" use and "commercial" use...