How To Make Your YouTube Account Secure

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you ever considered security when it comes to your channel and Google account? As a growing YouTuber your channel could be a target for a malicious person or group to attempt to destroy your channel and name and this is why it is best to use what is available to you to protect your YouTube account.

First and foremost one of the best ways to protect your YouTube account is to use a strong password, dictionary words in passwords are a bad idea for example "David2" would be easier for someone to find out than something like this "fehepaPe6aQ76aMe" you want your password to be as hack proof as possible, include random punctuation and you will end up with something like this "OlOPd%LmKj12%%)-_dsedPo" this password will take any hacker a whole lot longer than a weak password to discover, see this article if you want to see the worst passwords you can use.

For making random passwords you can use the PCtools security guide website, after you could choose to add in punctuation to make it even stronger. Just remember to make sure you write these randomly generated passwords down and store them somewhere safe so if you cant memorise them you have quick access to them.

You could try using a program such as KeepPass for storing your passwords safely if you need to store them digitally on an SD card.

Secondly is Two Step Verification, what this does is it sends you a unique code every time you attempt to sign into your Google account whether it is into Gmail or your YouTube, you will have the code on your phone each time to gain access to your account, something a would be hacker will never have in their possession. In case you lose your phone they provide a printable list of codes that can only be used once for your safe storage to help you gain access again in such circumstances.

Setting up two step verification for your Google account is very easy, simple visit the security settings page on your Google account and follow the steps to enable it on your account. The only downside to this is needing to have your phone with you whenever you are signing in and actually checking it but it is better than losing a Google account and YouTube account.

When you are all set up you will start getting text messages or phone calls if you choose to receive one every time you log into your account whether its through the YouTube sign in page or your Gmail, all of your Google services are protected by this, this is the ultimate protection and something I can't recommend enough.

I hope this helps you learn how you can better protect your YouTube account.

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hell yeah! strong passwords are great. i love that even when i do tell people my password verbally they can't remember what i said cause it's complicated haha *gets hacked right after saying that* haha great advice again Boss :)

Reactions: Michael

ChannelOlli

High quality gaming guides!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
2 step verification saved my life, I had a hacking attempt from China. Thanks to 2 step I prevented it :)

JustEpicShots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You should make a thread about putting music, logos in videos.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very true! I make my passwords as random and as mixed up as possible. i mix letters, upper and lower cases and numbers and symbols if permitted.