How to make vlogs when you/your life isn't interesting?

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
So this question has probs been asked a million times here BUT I have a massive dilemma which is, in all honesty, stopping me from making videos at the minute.
I've made one 'a day in my life' style video so far on my channel, but the problem is that it literally consisted of me eating breakfast, going to uni, not being able to film inside uni, me coming back to my student house and then being on a train to go visit home for the weekend...and that was it!! I'd love to make more of these types of videos but the issue is that I have the MOST BORING life you could ever imagine! I go to uni, come back, watch youtube/tv shows all day and then repeat, I don't go out clubbing or anything, and the friends that I do have don't want to be vlogged. WHAT DO I DO? Do I wait until I have a more interesting life? HELP!

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If your life isn't interesting enough, then you have to make the video itself interesting. That can be achieved with editing, improving your storytelling, or choosing topics that might seem mundane but actually will intrigue some people. Just talking about your life in general is about as basic of a video you can make.

ClaraBella

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Ok, so first thing i need to say is im irritated to hell i cannot find the mix of three little fishes you used at the start of one of your uni vids (not sure if its a different song that they have just used the vocals on but still)

ok now thats out the way, love all the different the intros you've had and love the music choices!

Sounds exactly like the type of life i lead atm lol - Honestly if you dont have the type of active life that you could try vlogging atm, either try push yourself to out once a week or something like that, for a long walk, or so go somewhere and look around (trafford center?) etc and just chat to the audience while your doing it about something random or a chosen subject? i get it wont be the day in the life of type thing where your always doing activities - BUT starting out on a slightly different route may help in the long run getting you out and about doing more stuff, in which you could then transition into the vlogging daily life stuff.

Reactions: Becky Keegan

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
improving your storytelling
I agree with this. If you listen to / watch stand-up comedians, often they are talking about very mundane everyday things but they are entertaining because of how they tell the story and of how they give their thoughts about something.

It's all about observation when you're out and about and then putting a funny angle on it. It could be something as simple as overhearing a conversation on the bus or seeing someone putting makeup on in public or getting annoyed when someone you know never pays for anything.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can also just chose a couple of days and think of other things to do even indoors and make a pack of videos that you can schedule to be posted.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
It's hard to see your own daily life from another angle. Everybody does something which might be interesting for others, even if it's nothing spectacular.
@Crown also has a good point with his stand-up comedian example.

While I'm typing this, I notice I should take those advices here as well :D