How to make great tutorial videos?

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I have a YouTube channel where I make tutorials & advice videos.It's a proper educational channel.My tutorials are based on photoshop, premiere pro, youtube tips etc.Well, my target is to make the best tutorial on YouTube.So I need a little help from you guys.What's makes a tutorial video great tutorial videos? If you guys watch any tutorial video what you expect from a good tutorial video? And also how to make a tutorial videos more INTERESTING?.Hmm, lot's of question I know but your opinion will be very helpful :)

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Sunsbookishgamesx

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey guys,

I have a YouTube channel where I make tutorials & advice videos.It's a proper educational channel.My tutorials are based on photoshop, premiere pro, youtube tips etc.Well, my target is to make the best tutorial on YouTube.So I need a little help from you guys.What's makes a tutorial video great tutorial videos? If you guys watch any tutorial video what you expect from a good tutorial video? And also how to make a tutorial videos more INTERESTING?.Hmm, lot's of question I know but your opinion will be very helpful :)

Thanks a lot.
- I expect the person teaching me to be an expert in the given subject - Either qualified to do so and/or with many years of proven experience in a given field.
- As well as being an expert in the field, the person needs to be a good teacher. Good at explaining things. A good communicator. (Some people are very knowlegeable, but terrible at explaining things)
- The videos need to get the point very quickly. If the video is titled "How to cook an omelette", then I want the person to very quickly start telling me how to cook an omelette. If the person starts talking about a load of other stuff that's going on in his / her life, then I'm going to stop watching and go somewhere else.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey hey! Nice to see another tutorial maker on here. I've been creating Adobe tutorials for a while now and have been really active in the space as well. I watched your recent "How to make a YT banner" tutorial and quite honestly you're doing a lot of things right. Quick intro, nice interface size and zooming for mobile, no distracting music, and nice explanation. At the end of the day, it's a tutorial video, I would say the most entertaining aspect is the presenter, their personality, and how well they explain the process. I wouldn't change up much of your formula, if anything I would look to upgrade your audio. Nice crisp vocals make for a great tutorial watching experience. See you around, got my eye on your channel now!

Reactions: Rafij Rahman Rohan

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
- I expect the person teaching me to be an expert in the given subject - Either qualified to do so and/or with many years of proven experience in a given field.
- As well as being an expert in the field, the person needs to be a good teacher. Good at explaining things. A good communicator. (Some people are very knowlegeable, but terrible at explaining things)
- The videos need to get the point very quickly. If the video is titled "How to cook an omelette", then I want the person to very quickly start telling me how to cook an omelette. If the person starts talking about a load of other stuff that's going on in his / her life, then I'm going to stop watching and go somewhere else.
Thanks for sharing your opinion man, I will try my best :)

Hey hey! Nice to see another tutorial maker on here. I've been creating Adobe tutorials for a while now and have been really active in the space as well. I watched your recent "How to make a YT banner" tutorial and quite honestly you're doing a lot of things right. Quick intro, nice interface size and zooming for mobile, no distracting music, and nice explanation. At the end of the day, it's a tutorial video, I would say the most entertaining aspect is the presenter, their personality, and how well they explain the process. I wouldn't change up much of your formula, if anything I would look to upgrade your audio. Nice crisp vocals make for a great tutorial watching experience. See you around, got my eye on your channel now!
Thanks, brother.I appreciate that :)

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
On my other channel I do lots of music tutorials and one thing that many people have complimented me on is showing the finished sound first. I started doing that because when I was looking for something on youtube I often had to skip to the end or middle of the video to even hear/see what they were going to teach. Show the finished project 1st and then explain how you did it. Also I started putting time stamps at the bottom/side of my video so people can see where different parts are. Some people know part of the info already, but just need 1 bit of info, so I try to make it easier for them to find it, but breaking things up into sections and then displaying the time stamp for each section.

Reactions: Rafij Rahman Rohan

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On my other channel I do lots of music tutorials and one thing that many people have complimented me on is showing the finished sound first. I started doing that because when I was looking for something on youtube I often had to skip to the end or middle of the video to even hear/see what they were going to teach. Show the finished project 1st and then explain how you did it. Also I started putting time stamps at the bottom/side of my video so people can see where different parts are. Some people know part of the info already, but just need 1 bit of info, so I try to make it easier for them to find it, but breaking things up into sections and then displaying the time stamp for each section.
Thanks, brother.Really helpful info :)