How to make an effective series on rape support videos.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have just one question for now. After that I will come back for more advice.
I am going to be doing a very very big series on Rape and everything within that topic. I have just had this desire to go very indie, instead of sitting at home making pretty videos, I wanted to take my cell phone and go out into the world where Rape goes down and do my videos there.
Does anyone have advice on how to best approach this?
Thanks for your feedback.
Dave

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'd maybe start with contacting police stations, women's shelters, therapists, and doctors to ask for interviews about what their perspectives are on the topic.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oops, I should have been more clear when I wrote that. I guess my question was, should I do nice videos at home, or should i go out and use my phone, and just walk around and do the videos.
Thanks for the reply.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m going to have to agree with @KatyAdelson. before you decide where to film these videos you’re going to need to talk to people about how they feel about you talking about this topic and how to go about it In a very respectful way because this is a very touchy subject and should be talked about in a way that won’t trigger people and don’t go against youtube guidelines.

If you get the ok about making these type of videos and knowledge on how to go about talking about theses subjects, you could go to the locations if you get the permission to do so, then you can make a documentary type of series. But just know since this is a very sensitive subject you need talk about it in a caring/ educational way that way these videos can help people instead of doing the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: KatyAdelson
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think I have experience in the area, since I am a rape survivor. As far as getting permission to use a certain place, they are all public places, and it is just me and my phone so I dont see why any permission would be needed.
Sensitive subject yes, but you have to face it and get the discussion going.