How To Make A Channel For My Kid's Stuff?

abrogard

Reaction score
I can't follow all this talk about second channels and Brand channels and I certainly can't make it happen. I go round and round logging into my google account and my Youtube and never anywhere see anything that might help.

I just want to put stuff up that my son has made and I want to put it up under a unique name for him so's he and his friends don't have to come to my stuff.

Can I do that? How?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Reactions: KatyAdelson

abrogard

Reaction score
Well that was magic.

How'd you do that?

I didn't log in, just clicked on your link and there I was in my abrogard youtube account with an option I've never ever seen before to 'create a new channel' !

Must have been that I was logged in to my google account I suppose, which happens all the time automatically. Bit confusing at times. Especially as I seem to have two google accounts, nearly identical but with minor differences in spelling or something. Like abrogard@yahoo and maybe abrogard@gmail. I don't know. Both with youtube vids. One with most and one with just one or two.

Must have been some kerfuffle sometime. That'd be a google thing? You wouldn't know how I could rationalise that situation?

Anyway, yep, found myself with the option thanks to you so I took it and now I've got this 'gigantera' channel I can use for him.

Thanks very much for that. It has helped me enormously.

:)

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well that was magic.

How'd you do that?

I didn't log in, just clicked on your link and there I was in my abrogard youtube account with an option I've never ever seen before to 'create a new channel' !

Must have been that I was logged in to my google account I suppose, which happens all the time automatically. Bit confusing at times. Especially as I seem to have two google accounts, nearly identical but with minor differences in spelling or something. Like abrogard@yahoo and maybe abrogard@gmail. I don't know. Both with youtube vids. One with most and one with just one or two.

Must have been some kerfuffle sometime. That'd be a google thing? You wouldn't know how I could rationalise that situation?

Anyway, yep, found myself with the option thanks to you so I took it and now I've got this 'gigantera' channel I can use for him.

Thanks very much for that. It has helped me enormously.

:)

Yes, if you were already logged in to your Google account, that link would allow you to add an extra channel to your existing google account. I agree, it's all very confusing with the google accounts, youtube accounts and what made it worse was the dreaded Google+ accounts, profiles and pages etc.

Anyway, I'm glad that helped. :)

abrogard

Reaction score
Except how do I find this new channel?

I can google 'youtube abrogard' and find my own old channel or account or whatever it should be called.

But googling 'gigantera' which is what I made for him (because he uses that name in his games) I get nothing but a long list of what look like Spanish or maybe Mexican posts.

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should have a separate channel link which they can click on for hyperlinking. That's the easiest way I can think of

abrogard

Reaction score
'separate channel link' ? wassat?

I went to youtube to have a look and found myself already logged in to the gigantera channel.

Couldn't see anything about channel links so clicked 'advanced' and found a page saying there was no default channel for this account. To use this channel select the box below.

Well now I've got a dozen or so videos up on youtube on my abrogard account. if I click this thing what happens? every time I log in I'm at gigantera and nowhere near my own stuff?

Should I go back to my account somehow, out of this gigantera thing and make a default channel there?

How can you not have a default channel and still be able to view your videos and see them all listed? find them with a youtube search?

And there's an option to 'move the channel to your google account'.

What on earth does that mean?

Oh, yes, and the link - what we're looking for, of course, is what we tell his - what he is to tell - his schoolmates in order that they can find his posts...

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm not sure if this will answer your question, but you can switch between your different YouTube channels by clicking on your channel logo top right of the YouTube screen (when already logged in) - That will give you a list of all your channels under that google account. Click on the one you want to manage at any given time.

If that doesn't answer your question, I'd recommend you do a search on Google's official help page -> https://support.google.com/youtube?hl=en#topic=7505892

abrogard

Reaction score
I talk too much is the problem.

Here's the question that matters:

How does my boy find his videos on the 'brand' channel I've made for him?

Or how do you find them?

To be specific

my channel: abrogard
the 'brand' channel: gigantera
the only video there: georgetrain2

I know they can google 'georgetrain2', I just did it. Is that the only way?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I talk too much is the problem.

Here's the question that matters:

How does my boy find his videos on the 'brand' channel I've made for him?

Or how do you find them?

To be specific

my channel: abrogard
the 'brand' channel: gigantera
the only video there: georgetrain2

I know they can google 'georgetrain2', I just did it. Is that the only way?

Another way is to put the URL to his channel in his list of favourites in his browser and then show him how to find it again in his favourites. (I believe the URL is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGQOSQ_QtJcGoNzp6gj4Zzw/ ) So click on that, and then on that page, click add to favourites.

OR even better:

To create a clickable shortcut to the channel on the desktop:

-Copy the text of the URL.
-Right click on the desktop (the "wallpaper" background) and choose NEW > SHORTCUT (then paste the URL the you just copied and give it a name)