How to Make a Background and Banner in 2013 :)

Jason Liu

Master GFX Designer/Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
Oh god, not GIMP .. Use Photoshop

AYRENvids

I need to stop caring too much.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh god, not GIMP .. Use Photoshop
It doesn't matter. Both get the job done just fine when you're making a background. Also, what is bad about Gimp? I don't see anything wrong with it. When I first saw Photoshop, I was like the hell is this, what am I supposed to do??? Gimp is way easier for me. Plus I said in the video that it was your choice whether you were gonna do it with Gimp or Photoshop.

Jason Liu

Reaction score
Channel Type
It doesn't matter. Both get the job done just fine when you're making a background. Also, what is bad about Gimp? I don't see anything wrong with it. When I first saw Photoshop, I was like the hell is this, what am I supposed to do??? Gimp is way easier for me. Plus I said in the video that it was your choice whether you were gonna do it with Gimp or Photoshop.
Yeah I know it's our choice, the only thing is that Gimp has less than half of what Photoshop has. Along with that, GIMP isn't a good tool for backgrounds since you want to put effects into it, that GIMP doesn't support you with. GIMP work almost always do not look better than Photoshop work.

Jason Liu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Also, when I looked at your background, you still have white spots from cropping

AYRENvids

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also, when I looked at your background, you still have white spots from cropping
I know. This one was actually a test background, but I just left it there.
Yeah I know it's our choice, the only thing is that Gimp has less than half of what Photoshop has. Along with that, GIMP isn't a good tool for backgrounds since you want to put effects into it, that GIMP doesn't support you with. GIMP work almost always do not look better than Photoshop work.
But it was just a simple basic background tutorial just to get a person started on making one, you can always move on to more complicated backgrounds and programs.

Jason Liu

Reaction score
Channel Type
I know. This one was actually a test background, but I just left it there.
But it was just a simple basic background tutorial just to get a person started on making one, you can always move on to more complicated backgrounds and programs.
True, but decent work anyways!

AYRENvids

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
True, but decent work anyways!
Thank you.
I was actually starting to feel bad about the video already, thinking you thought it was really bad, although I'd put a lot of effort into to trying to make it as simple as possible for anyone who's never done it before... Guess negative feedback still affects me a little :depressed2:

Jason Liu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Negative Feedback is the feedback that you want, so you can improve. I enjoy feedback, good or bad, when I hear bad, I feel bad aswell, but it just shows you what you need to improve.