How to Know When to Quit?

Cidsa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I already took a break during the summer and my channel is worse off than ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1485779959,1485779704][/DOUBLEPOST]
If that is how you feel it is a totally different problem. You cannot expect to connect with people or think that people automatically find your videos interesting. But again that is not the same as you not enjoying making videos;)
Of course you can't expect it. The question I'm asking is how to know when to quit, as in: when do you realize it's NOT connecting and NOT working and to stop?

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Always try to improve, and if you feel like you've hit a brick wall you can take a break, look back on your work and reflect on what needs to change.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I already took a break during the summer and my channel is worse off than ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1485779959,1485779704][/DOUBLEPOST]

Of course you can't expect it. The question I'm asking is how to know when to quit, as in: when do you realize it's NOT connecting and NOT working and to stop?
I think that is very hard to say. But like someone suggested it may be time for a break. Maybe a month or 2 away from your channel will give you a new perspective on things.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it isnt fun to you anymore then maybe you should quit. But if you still look forward to making videos, and creating content just keep pushing on and try to worry less about the views/subs. I understand that may be hard to do, but you shouldnt let something you love doing become a burden because you arent getting views.

Reactions: newage

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it isnt fun to you anymore then maybe you should quit. But if you still look forward to making videos, and creating content just keep pushing on and try to worry less about the views/subs. I understand that may be hard to do, but you shouldnt let something you love doing become a burden because you arent getting views.
Again, so true:cigar:

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would say that the best time to quit is when you don't enjoy it anymore, because at the end of the day nearly all youtubers want the success yo enable them to do it as a living. Grinding away is what gets you that success, but if you don't enjoy what you are doing, then you might as well just stop today. I absolutely love what I do, but I have days where I see less growth than others and of course it plays on your mind. But then I look at how awesome and supporting my subs are, and that is what picks me up, that and cooking the food I love. Love what you do. ☺

Reactions: Livelifeinabox

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
The thing why its important that you do youtube out of simply liking to do youtube is because its hard to get a spotlight which would get you subs and whatnot. Your content might not be bad but people arent seeing it and therefore you dont know whether its good and people connect to it or not. and THATS why you should keep doing it, the moment when you know something is going the bad way is when you have 1M views, 9 to 1 ratio of dislikes, and too few comments that are all negative. Until then just keep it up and do the videos you enjoy doing.

Alex D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was in the same situation as you 5 months ago, I quit YouTube and gave up, but at the start of January I realized that my videos are still being watched and people are still subscribing, patience is the key, Always think about it this way, what would you rather do for a living? Do something you love vs. do something to live? I will work as hard as it takes and upload as many videos as possible just to have fun and build up a family and then slowly let it be my full time career while I enjoy life.

Andreea

Reaction score
I recently created a thread asking people on here how they stay positive. The answers are really good you might wanna have a look. Keep doing what you love.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Well think of this, do you enjoy creating videos, filming, editing, etc etc because you enjoy it or because you like the idea of being a big youtuber? You need to separate the two. Also think of this, would you do it for free? If it is truly something you LOVE doing, you are super passionate about, you couldn't imagine doing anything else, then you would do it for free. The followers, views, money will follow if you truly love what you do.

TBH I feel the same as you though, why break my back for videos when I get nothing in return? Sometimes I curse myself and say I'm not good enough or break myself down or whatever, but in the end I get back up and say no this is my dream and I'm going to push for it, I love filming and editing and I've wanted to do this for awhile and I've never been happier. You need to find that drive and keep going if you are truly committed and passionate. Let me know if you want to talk more! I'd love to talk and help :D
Good luck!!!