how to increase subscription rate

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So when they click on it, they automatically subscribe? What if they don´t want to subscribe? I can imagine this will annoy a lot of people and affect the channel negatively in the long run!
People should only subscribe if they want to and liking the channel!

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So when they click on it, they automatically subscribe? What if they don´t want to subscribe? I can imagine this will annoy a lot of people and affect the channel negatively in the long run!
People should only subscribe if they want to and liking the channel!
If they do not want to -they can just click CANCEL / No .

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
If they do not want to -they can just click CANCEL / No .
Ok so, how is that different from someone visiting my channel and deciding weather or not they want to subscribe?

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i would be really annoyed if that happened to me, it’s not a good way to build trust with your audience. i think there are good ways to make use of that kind of link – in your video descriptions, on Twitter, etc, but only if they are aware of what they’re clicking on.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yah, but, no...
I prefer to allow new subscribers based on them deciding that they like our videos.. I dont like the 'twist their arm' or 'trick them when they aren't looking' method..
There are no shortcuts...

Reactions: House on STUFF

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I find this extremely annoying when people do this. It's even worse when they disguise the URL using a URL shortener service.

If people want to sub, they'll sub of their own accord after they've watched a video they like. Nobody is going to sub by clicking on an annoying popup before they even watch a video. In fact, most people would click "back" on their browser and never return.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I agree, if they really enjoy your channel, then they will subscribe. The only thing you can do to help is ask them to subscribe and make it easy for them to subscribe.

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the subscribe link when I label it as such, to cut down steps for viewers that want to subscribe. They know what they are getting into. If you are using it and saying something like check out my channel, then no. The popup notification will say, do you really want to subscribe.

Reactions: Lock