How to improve my CTR?

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
But that's just it: How do I make effective thumbnails?
Exactly what I said earlier. The outline on the text (or stroke) doesn't need to be nearly as thick. Use colors that pop like white. Drop your name from the thumbnail and use backgrounds from the game

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Exactly what I said earlier.
And yet, you clearly don't understand how to do that, yourself. The thumbnails you predicted as being the "best" have poor performance, while the best-performing thumbnails are the ones that have features that you've criticized (e.g. swirling colors, big thick outlines, and having a lot of stuff crammed into the thumbnail).

You very clearly said "If my list [of favorite thumbnails] happens to correlate with the CTR then I might be onto something." Well, it doesn't correlate with the CTR. In fact, your "list" seems to be the opposite of my best thumbnails.

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
And yet, you clearly don't understand how to do that, yourself. The thumbnails you predicted as being the "best" have poor performance, while the best-performing thumbnails are the ones that have features that you've criticized (e.g. swirling colors, big thick outlines, and having a lot of stuff crammed into the thumbnail).

You very clearly said "If my list [of favorite thumbnails] happens to correlate with the CTR then I might be onto something." Well, it doesn't correlate with the CTR. In fact, your "list" seems to be the opposite of my best thumbnails.
All the advice I'm giving you is based on my opinion. Also thumbnails aren't the only thing that would directly correlate to CTR. Its also catchy titles, is it content that's relevant, etc. Again it's just my opinion. You don't have to take my advice

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Then somebody else who actually does know what they're talking about needs to step in and start giving advice in your stead.

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yoohoo! I sensed the wrath of Acerthorn...

Now this doesn't directly answer CTR due to Thumbnail issue, but plays a part though...

I can see from your thumbnails you have the hallmarks of someone trying to stick out. However,... have you considered getting your branding and art in order? Like hiring someone to give you a bit of a professional look?

Here's the thing... your design efforts are weak, to say the least, and don't leave much for first impressions either and that's vital.

Which is a shame considering how you've managed to successfully position yourself against others (I looked!). Thumbnails wise you blend in with the others.

Unless you're willing to put a butt of time to learn graphic design, you're going to need some help in getting a proper image going.

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How much does that cost?
I'm afraid I can't help there as I make my own designs but I think there's a section here on the forums where folks offer services. Alternatively, you can source ones out on platforms like Fiverr or other, or even blatantly ask here what people have spent and what worked.

Huh? What the hell do you mean by "position myself against others?"
Ranking! I looked at how your videos were ranking for terms and on a couple of videos I clicked on, I clicked randomly - nothing particular, you had at least one or two terms ranking above 5, as in right in view in the search results. So I followed through and searched those terms to see what the others were doing for thumbnails.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I make my own designs
And since the last time I dismissed your advice for lacking credentials, you haven't gained even a single subscriber. So making your own designs certainly isn't doing you a whole lot of good, is it?

So a whole lot of good THAT'S doing you!

I very clearly stated that I wanted someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT to step in and start giving advice. You are literally the opposite of that.

And don't tell me that you understand thumbnails even if you're struggling on the rest of your content. Because your five most recent videos have only 16 views between them, and sorting your videos by most popular shows that your most popular video has 28 views.

So no, you clearly do not know how to get people to click on your videos.

So back off. I want someone who actually knows what their talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: zerocache

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
And since the last time I dismissed your advice for lacking credentials, you haven't gained even a single subscriber. So making your own designs certainly isn't doing you a whole lot of good, is it?

So a whole lot of good THAT'S doing you!

I very clearly stated that I wanted someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT to step in and start giving advice. You are literally the opposite of that.

And don't tell me that you understand thumbnails even if you're struggling on the rest of your content. Because your five most recent videos have only 16 views between them, and sorting your videos by most popular shows that your most popular video has 28 views.

So no, you clearly do not know how to get people to click on your videos.

So back off. I want someone who actually knows what their talking about.
you need to calm down brother. we are just giving advice. As much as you might not like to hear it from us, and rather someone who is more experienced,
you will hear the same comments. We are trying to be helpful and you continue to be rude. I have one last point to make and that will be it for me. If you
look at popular youtubers who do what you do, none of them have crappy thumbnails, or a crappy image. They have a brand that is easily recognizable.
Whether you hear it from me or someone else, its true. Also, this forum is mostly small youtubers, so if you are dreaming about getting advice from someone
will a million subscribers, good luck bud. It helps to be a bit more nicer on the receiving end of information and not berate your advice givers and their channels.

Reactions: zerocache