How To Grow Your Channel

Bhanoob

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ahhh here we are, one of the hardest things to do, and point where we don't even know how to begin about doing this.

so let me break it down, growing a successful channel isn't really a big thing, it all depends on how you view success, what do you aspire in your youtube career? is it 1000 subs? 1,000,000 million subs? or do you just want to get some views.

Sure people will tell you that there is no way in hell you can get there, but on the contrary i think its quite easy.

yes I do throw the word "easy" around lightly, Being a gaming commentator myself, we all know about the tireless hours and sleepless nights that we have put up bring the channels to where we have and yet we are not satisfied, we are never satisfied. its just human nature. or maybe we have uplaoded 1000's of videos, only to find out we have a few subscribers which include your parents and relatives.

That means you're doing something wrong, so lets get started on helping you grow your channel :D

*These are a bunch of things that can possibly help you grow, i have compiled this list myself, and this is only my opinion, but i have gotten from 100 views a month to, nearly 3000 views a day! since my channels beginning in September 2012*

1) WHAT WILL YOUR CONTENT BE?

Will be making videos around a specific audience?
it may be videos that gives help to people, but the downside is that the viewers will be high for specific videos you won't get many recurring viewers
Remember if you're a gamer you need to commentate. Pulling out a notepad and typing something in the middle won't help you!

2) BRAND YOURSELF, TRUST ME YOU NEED IT!

If you haven't got yourself a name, might as well quit and start now, let me give you an example.
My Youtube Channel - youtube/bhanoob
My Facebook Page - facebook/bhanoob
My Twitter page - twitter/bhanoob

3) MUSIC FOR YOUR VIDEOS

Make sure you don't just put random songs you like; it'll make sure you'll never be a partner as well as screw your YouTube channel in the long run
Don't Trust random sites which claim that they have copyright free material and random youtube channels which say so, here are a few of my personal Recommendations, do your research if you're not sure about any of these
i) DJ Pygme He makes his own songs and i've been using them for a long time

ii) FloidBeats Makes his own songs
Track Name : Don't Cry

iii) Machinimasound.com is a very famous renowned group of musicians who make royalty free soundtracks

iv) Approaching Nirvana
Remember to give credit to all the musicians, they deserve it, and also give them a thumbs up and subscribe I mean you really lose nothing and they help out a lot, otherwise there would literally be no songs for us to use, so we should really be grateful

4) POSTING YOUR VIDEOS

The best thing to do is find your own groups(facebook)
, or make them if you can, Most of the communities I built were focused around sharing videos here are some of them

also a group for youtubers out there that can join in to help each other by sharing videos and finding new friends to do collaborations with
facebook/groups/noobupmovement

5) SETUP

Recording games :
Camtasia Studio 8 (Very easy to change resolutions and record browser games)
Fraps (Very good but you need a beastly PC)
Dxtory
Xsplit

Editing Videos :
Camtasia
Sony Vegas Pro

Microphones:
( You won't need better microphones than these honestly, even if you have a cheap logitech mic for like 2$ you might be able to get away with it, if you spend extra time editing the audio with free software like Audacity )

Blue Yeti
Blue Snowball

6) COLLABORATIONS

Don't Spam people asking for collaborations, be nice, don't be a d**k find people, be witty... make them your friends then you go in for the kill, make the other guy trust you, make it seem as if he knows you for some reason, make yourself a familiar face in his channel
It's not easy, actually it takes months, but it's better for 1 to work than failing 100,000s of times
Message them on facebook or twitter, they read it more than youtube messages
I read the messages, but that's because I'm weird and i don't really get a lot of messages... comparatively of course.
So you should choose your battles, don't try to get Pewdiepie to a collab with you, if you can do that CONGRATS!, and in fact let me know how you did it, because you are my master!

7) SCHEDULE YOUR VIDEOS

I'm not going to preach about this because i've never done this so how can i even pretend to tell you guys to do this and that, but people have said that its better and it works, so why not give it a shot?

8) TAGGING, THIS s**t IS REALLY IMPORTANT

Tag the hell out of everything, use this keyword tool, to search which tag you want to know, can't stress this enough

Use the "Youtube Keywords Tool" ( Links aren't allowed, but just google it you'll find it)

It shows how many people search specific keywords, so you know what to tag

9) WRITE A PROPER DESCRIPTION

No matter how many times we tell people, they don't listen, you can't have a half a**'d description, it has to be long, boring and effective yotube allows 4000 characters so use it!

10) CREATORS PLAY BOOK

seriously why don't people read this, this is youtube's guide to success on youtube, its worth spending an hour reading

11) MY SPECIAL ADVICE -

Comment on every video you have ever seen, just do it, comment like its the day you die, have conversations with other people in the comment section, do it here, do it now, watch and see if i'm not lying, this helped me, and I know it'll help you

Hope you enjoyed,

and now my fingers hurt :'(

Also I started a series called "How To Youtube" where I answer any question you may have regarding youtube, and also where I feature 3 peoples channels so they can get more exposure if they are new to youtube or need a little bit of help :)

ChillNation

Say Hi everybody
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You don't even need to do all this but yes doing all this would make channels grow faster. But as an example I do half this stuff and am growing rather rapidly. I think I will try out the other half for maybe gaining more views as at the moment I am gaining more subs than anything else.

Reactions: Matias Riojas III

Ashish

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I know you from very early when you used to do some ninja gaming stuff
:)Your channel has grown terribly big
By the way can I ask you to check out my channel and give some advice
And I cannot upload in 720p or higher due to slow upload speed but I do know it is a very good thing to do.
So give me the rest of the advices and if you like my channel please (It's all upto you!) feature it in one of your video series (Again its all up to you!) and if you think its not good enough to be featured on your awesome channel then let me know what can I do to make my channel capable enough that you feature it!
:)

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I had to remove the video because you're not allowed to post videos in this forum (unless they are not your own and you think they will be useful), but good article! :)

Ashish

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I had to remove the video because you're not allowed to post videos in this forum (unless they are not your own and you think they will be useful), but good article! :)
I dont think he needs any promotion stuff here so let the video be there:)

Jamie

Maestro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
bhanoob, hey what's going on, good to see you here too ;D
hey, why does flo always get so much credit from you, i'm a bit jealous :D

Reactions: Bhanoob

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Move this thread to strategies and techniques advice.

TheIvanMatthew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
This sh*t's really useful, great stuff man!