How To Grow Organic Followers (Subscribers) on Youtube?

Nazristic

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone, I've been thinking about what the best way to grow real organic followers (subscribers) on youtube is. I am not sure if sharing your videos on 3rd party websites is a good way to gain a following or that maybe I should focus more on SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and search results on Youtube. Any tips from you all would be much appreciated, Thank You!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Really depends on your content. Gaming channels and Travel channels might have a lot to gain by interacting on specific forums or blogs that are focused on that content. However, SEO is very important to be found on Youtube, so the importance of it can't be understated.

Reactions: Nazristic

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say SEO. If you work with SEO you will gain organic trafic/subscribers in the long run so alwaays work with SEO. You can also try to hook up with others in the same niche for collaborations. I found out that it is a great way to to gain organic followers or subscribers since it is the same niche

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I grow organically only cause Youtube recommends my videos! They recommend my videos because of watch time and CTR

Jonwills

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This may sound so stupid, be how do you optimise/work out SEO?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Focussing on SEO is definitely a better idea than sharing your videos on 3rd party websites in my opinion, but it all comes down to producing engaging content that people want to watch.
With regards to SEO...apart from the usual attention that needs to be paid to tags, title, and description I've recently finally understood why a good thumbnail is important and why some youtubers spend hours designing theirs.
On the youtube studio beta you can see a funnel that shows how many people have actually seen your thumbnails on screen (Impressions) and how many people could be bothered to click on them as a result of seeing the thumbnail.
In my case - YouTube has shown my thumbnails to 6 million people in the last 28 days, but only 315,000 have clicked on them. That's pretty appalling, and makes me think I absolutely have to do something to make my thumbnails more attractive. And I don't mean nail varnish.
So...in answer to your question about organic growth...if you haven't already done so I would recommend that you take a look at your CTR rate on your channel's "funnel" and spend time on your thumbnails!

Nazristic

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Really depends on your content. Gaming channels and Travel channels might have a lot to gain by interacting on specific forums or blogs that are focused on that content. However, SEO is very important to be found on Youtube, so the importance of it can't be understated.
Thanks Dutchie for your response, I will definitely look more into SEO and how to use them to the best of my abilities.

Nazristic

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say SEO. If you work with SEO you will gain organic trafic/subscribers in the long run so alwaays work with SEO. You can also try to hook up with others in the same niche for collaborations. I found out that it is a great way to to gain organic followers or subscribers since it is the same niche
Thanks Dave, I'm starting to notice that 3rd party shares are not the best method. And I do agree that collabs is a must to grow efficiently, gonna start focusing on that to. Thanks again for your advice.

Nazristic

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Focussing on SEO is definitely a better idea than sharing your videos on 3rd party websites in my opinion, but it all comes down to producing engaging content that people want to watch.
With regards to SEO...apart from the usual attention that needs to be paid to tags, title, and description I've recently finally understood why a good thumbnail is important and why some youtubers spend hours designing theirs.
On the youtube studio beta you can see a funnel that shows how many people have actually seen your thumbnails on screen (Impressions) and how many people could be bothered to click on them as a result of seeing the thumbnail.
In my case - YouTube has shown my thumbnails to 6 million people in the last 28 days, but only 315,000 have clicked on them. That's pretty appalling, and makes me think I absolutely have to do something to make my thumbnails more attractive. And I don't mean nail varnish.
So...in answer to your question about organic growth...if you haven't already done so I would recommend that you take a look at your CTR rate on your channel's "funnel" and spend time on your thumbnails!
I appreciate your in depth advice on this topic. I just started posting videos recently and so I am sure I will learn how to create effective thumbnails over time. Also, I did not know that you could check your thumbnail impressions on youtube, I will take a closer look into that, thanks again!

Reactions: Yachts For Sale