how to grow my channel? :o

kadamono

Tf2 is life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Designer
hey guys I'm new to YouTube and I've been asking some of my friends who are more familiar with YouTube for help, they sent me here. can anyone give me any tips and suggestions <3

FoldingNotes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Animator
Here is how you do it (and I really mean it):

Think first: Why are you doing this? Money is not the answer. Fame is not the answer.
Create an avatar and a username you will really want in the long term.
Verify your YouTube partnership
Buy a website domain based in your username. It needs to be consistent. Grab all the social media under your name. And stick with that name.
Blog regularly. A lot of you may groan but here is the lesson: You will write with sweat and blood. I recommend you start off with Wordpress as it has its own social aspect.
Create regularly. Add relevant tags and a description.
Help other people. Write something thoughtful on Twitter.
Do this every day. Remember, it will start off slow. If you haven't gone to college yet, this is a decent start. Once you get out of college, you will not have enough time to pursue this hobby or even build publicity.

kadamono

Tf2 is life
Reaction score
Channel Type
I tried your link and it didn't work...So step one, fix that
I'm super sorry about that, I'm not sure why it won't recognize that my channel exists I'm trying to fix it now. thanks for letting me know[DOUBLEPOST=1448151206,1448151144][/DOUBLEPOST]

Think first: Why are you doing this? Money is not the answer. Fame is not the answer.
Buy a website domain based in your username. It needs to be consistent. Grab all the social media under your name. And stick with that name.
Blog regularly. A lot of you may groan but here is the lesson: You will write with sweat and blood. I recommend you start off with Wordpress as it has its own social aspect.
Do this every day. Remember, it will start off slow. If you haven't gone to college yet, this is a decent start. Once you get out of college, you will not have enough time to pursue this hobby or even build publicity.
Thank you so much. I found this super helpful, I've already started working with Twitter and I've never heard of Wordpress so I'll look into that.

bubbo2000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A suggestion is just to upload, keep motivated and have fun doing it!

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

I have to disagree w the last point. I am taking 5 classes (w/ 2 labs) and I work on campus for the VA where I log 30 hours per week on average. I am married with a 3 year old and still have time to pursue my hobby and more. When I was in the military, or working full time (in my degree field career) over the summer I had too much time. I can't wait to finish school so I can have more time lol.

kadamono

Tf2 is life
Reaction score
Channel Type
A suggestion is just to upload, keep motivated and have fun doing it!
thanks man! I just started YouTube I'm originally a twitch streamer, just wanted to see what YouTube was like[DOUBLEPOST=1448159556,1448159493][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have to disagree w the last point. I am taking 5 classes (w/ 2 labs) and I work on campus for the VA where I log 30 hours per week on average. I am married with a 3 year old and still have time to pursue my hobby and more. When I was in the military, or working full time (in my degree field career) over the summer I had too much time. I can't wait to finish school so I can have more time lol.
that's great to hear, I really enjoy the whole process and meeting all the new people that I do, so this is a really fun hobby that I lover Perusing, just really hard to get anywhere

bubbo2000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks man! I just started YouTube I'm originally a twitch streamer, just wanted to see what YouTube was like[DOUBLEPOST=1448159556,1448159493][/DOUBLEPOST]
that's great to hear, I really enjoy the whole process and meeting all the new people that I do, so this is a really fun hobby that I lover Perusing, just really hard to get anywhere
yeah it is hard but just try to be different and get your content out there, i am struggling with the same issues.

kadamono

Tf2 is life
Reaction score
Channel Type
yeah it is hard but just try to be different and get your content out there, i am struggling with the same issues.
I checked out your channel, great stuff :0