How to grow a channel in a niche that already has some great channels?

Visionauts89

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wonder around, but how to you get noticed in a certain niche that's full of great channels?
Great channels with a huge subbase. How can your channel/videos be detected in this climate?

Greetings!

Reactions: Emerrias

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watched a TexEx (I think it was anyhoo) about an investor and his missed opportunity with an online glasses business. He was talking about latecomers, procrastinators, and this pair of people he thought were not a good investment because they were late to the table and were procrastinating. He skipped on investing and someone else stepped in, but what happened was that this pair of latecomer procrastinators dominated and are now the biggest online glasses source.

The lesson was that by coming in later they could study what was already there and improve upon it. By procrastinating, as others saw it, they could mull everything over and make better design decisions. Which is what these glasses guys did, and they became very successful.

What I think you should do is look at what's there and think about how to do it better.

At the end of the day, the only way people are going to stop watching them and start watching you en masse is if you are different in some critical way. What that way is, I don't have a clue, that's a challenge for you.

Idk, youtube is a complicated beast, people literally flock to people because they have a nice voice sometimes. Who knows. This is just something to think about - if you spend the next year experimenting something is bound to happen.

Good Luck

Visionauts89

Reaction score
Hey Coliwob,

Thanks for this great answer. It gives me a clear insight :) I think the difficulty is indeed the creative thinking proces to become 'better' or more 'worthy' than other channels in the same niche. It's a challenge indeed, but like you said, experimenting can bring you far!

Anyways thank you very much for the reply! :)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The first thing you need to do it be a part of the community. Don't push your channel however, just comment on other people's videos. I am known by most big YouTubers I follow. Some have spoken out about me being a loyal follower, and a part of the community. That does not come with false interest however. If you fake your interest people will know.

Visionauts89

Reaction score
The first thing you need to do it be a part of the community. Don't push your channel however, just comment on other people's videos. I am known by most big YouTubers I follow. Some have spoken out about me being a loyal follower, and a part of the community. That does not come with false interest however. If you fake your interest people will know.
This might be also a good tip for me! I mean I never really took part of the community in the sense that i saw it more as 'competition' but how you phrase it, it makes totally sense that I should do that. Thank you very much for this insight!

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

Emerrias

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wonder around, but how to you get noticed in a certain niche that's full of great channels?
Great channels with a huge subbase. How can your channel/videos be detected in this climate?

Greetings!
Just need to bring something different to the table! I would say go on these bigger channels and start replying to all comments, especially questions people are asking, and do this everyday and you will grow if your content is good!,[emoji91]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Visionauts89

Emerrias

Reaction score
Agree with this 100%, honestly I can smell fake engagement from a mile away.

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Every single niche and topic has great channels already, so this is pretty much asking "How to grow a Youtube channel?"

But that doesn't mean it can't be done. You shouldn't be afraid of competition. But here is my tip. Don't think you have to somehow overtake the existing BIG channels. They started years ago, you'll never catch them. Nobody will ever catch them up. You are competing with the channels that started at the same time as you. Are you better than them? They are the ones you need to beat and be different from. If you can't beat them, then the task is pretty much impossible.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Just do it your way. Everyone has a different personality, different sense of humor and a different way of doing things. Even if it's a niche used by other 'bigger' channels, as long as you do it your way, it'll be different enough to stand out on its own. Just go for it.

Reactions: Emerrias

Emerrias

Reaction score
Every single niche and topic has great channels already, so this is pretty much asking "How to grow a Youtube channel?"

But that doesn't mean it can't be done. You shouldn't be afraid of competition. But here is my tip. Don't think you have to somehow overtake the existing BIG channels. They started years ago, you'll never catch them. Nobody will ever catch them up. You are competing with the channels that started at the same time as you. Are you better than them? They are the ones you need to beat and be different from. If you can't beat them, then the task is pretty much impossible.
I agree! And being smaller can be to your advantage as it allows for waaay more fan interaction!