Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator
Agree with above, thnx for the tips!

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Solid tips but I agree on the branding. Your channels branding is seriously lacking. Apart from that, like I said, good advice.

TheWillBox

I make moving pictures!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup, the point of YouTube is not to make money, but to enjoy making videos and entertain people, that will allow you to create quality contents.
I think that's a great attitude. I don't have a gaming channel, but I sure watch my fair share of gaming content. I think some of the tips you gave can be for any kind of content as well. Keep up the good work and good luck with your videos.

Reactions: skilltroll

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Great advice, thanks. I stick with Minecraft and other popular games, despite it being very popular, because I simply like to play it :) I'm really trying to improve my commentary style so hopefully that brings people in. I just want to be myself. I am a very relaxed and happy individual.

Maddentalk247

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Heres some tips I've found to gain your gaming channel's views and subs.
1. Play a viral game (dont think that you will get more competitors) In fact the more, the better because you can learn from them
2. Make a style for your videos. Ex: funny, commentary, relaxing, skills
3. Play with other people with channels your size or larger (search videos with not many views but not too little)
4. Make a video about a different point of view than your playing partner. So that the audience will also check your video out.
5. Don't make too many!! (If you are serious and youtube is your job, 2 vids a day is fine)
6. Promote your own videos by liking them, commenting, and reposting them.
7. Make a video that relates to a viral one. I made trolling dem noobs 5 when trolling dem noobs 4 was made. The video got me 400 subs.
8. MOST IMPORTANT STEP - make something in common about all of your videos (audiences tend to *Like* those because they know its gonna be good before they even watch it)
Never give up, who gives a crap about minor views and subs. Make your content good, and eventually you're be found.

If this might help you, make sure you check out my channel for an example of the tips I made.
Thanks for the advice. Especially number 8 because it can be disheartening to look at the channels that have already "made it" in your field. You just have to stick with it though, and now I don't even look at my competitors because I know it will just get me down. Great advice.

TheUnheardofGamers

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Heres some tips I've found to gain your gaming channel's views and subs.
1. Play a viral game (dont think that you will get more competitors) In fact the more, the better because you can learn from them
2. Make a style for your videos. Ex: funny, commentary, relaxing, skills
3. Play with other people with channels your size or larger (search videos with not many views but not too little)
4. Make a video about a different point of view than your playing partner. So that the audience will also check your video out.
5. Don't make too many!! (If you are serious and youtube is your job, 2 vids a day is fine)
6. Promote your own videos by liking them, commenting, and reposting them.
7. Make a video that relates to a viral one. I made trolling dem noobs 5 when trolling dem noobs 4 was made. The video got me 400 subs.
8. MOST IMPORTANT STEP - make something in common about all of your videos (audiences tend to *Like* those because they know its gonna be good before they even watch it)
Never give up, who gives a crap about minor views and subs. Make your content good, and eventually you're be found.

If this might help you, make sure you check out my channel for an example of the tips I made.
I'll try those... But my main problem is that nobody knows who I am or even bothers to click on my videos... What should I do?

skilltroll

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I'll try those... But my main problem is that nobody knows who I am or even bothers to click on my videos... What should I do?
Dont get depressed because no one knows about your channel, just keep creating good content and they'll eventually find you.

Joshermc

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Dont get depressed because no one knows about your channel, just keep creating good content and they'll eventually find you.
Very much agreed. If you're enjoying what you do, the views'll come later. And if they don't? Well, you still had fun! I for one love playing games either by myself or with friends, and I love spending hours messing around in Photoshop and Vegas editing, maybe even more than the games themselves! If you lose heart you'll stop making quality videos, and then it's certain nobody'll come a-knocking.