How To - get your channel popular with real fans / subs

skilltroll

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I've done one of these before, but as I'm using YouTube, I gained more experience thus more tips for small / medium channels.
So here are the tips:
1. Make a video that continues a viral video (ex. Someone made the harlem shake v.2 after harlem shake v.1 got viral)
2. Make videos for your own fun and joy but not for money (money is less rewarding than reading good feedbacks)
3. Read all comments and reply to most of them, people will feel you as a friend if you communicate to them mutually. Add extra :) or :D or ;-) you get the point XD.
4. Do you enjoy your own content?
5. Remove negative / insulting comments, they spread the evilness to other audiences (ex. My video had positive comments until someone pointed out that the scene was staged, so now everybody leaves negative feedback)
6. Only upload videos in one category - nobody would sub to someone who games, vlogs, commentates, makes music, and upload random videos in one channel.
7. Give no sh** about your competitors
8. If you have less than 100 subscribers, use some free sites to gain some subs (would you subscribe to someone with 20 subs? No)
More coming soon, hopefully this helps :).

Reactions: AikoMiyoko

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I disagree with #6 and #8.

#6 - I understand what you are trying to say, but sometimes variety is good for channels, as long as it is not completely random.

#10 - That is called botting, which is against YouTube's ToS. Plus completely pointless, as it will just bring fake, dead subscribers.

skilltroll

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score

#6 - I understand what you are trying to say, but sometimes variety is good for channels, as long as it is not completely random.

#10 - That is called botting, which is against YouTube's ToS. Plus completely pointless, as it will just bring fake, dead subscribers.
Sub4sub isnt botting, it is the same as asking someone to subscribe to you if you subscribe to them. Those fake ones are dead, but as long as you dont do it too much, most of your audience will still be real.

Barbaroes

Xbox Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator

Im not sure but I think by #10 he meant sites like these. Where you can expand your channel. But I don't know for sure.
Edit: nvm... XD

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
1. Make a video that continues a viral video (ex. Someone made the harlem shake v.2 after harlem shake v.1 got viral)

Why? Where's the originality in that? I want to see original makes, not harlem shake over 9000 times.

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Sub4sub isnt botting, it is the same as asking someone to subscribe to you if you subscribe to them. Those fake ones are dead, but as long as you dont do it too much, most of your audience will still be real.
Sub4Sub is not 'botting' no, but a complete waste of time. It will do nothing but bring in dead subscribers, because most people who do sub4sub just want to see their subscriber number increase, they don't care about your channel by any means. Plus sub4sub isn't really welcome here, as most of us is against it. We'd rather get real subscribers who actually enjoy our content.

& btw, advertising sub4sub is against the forum rules.

You can be INSTANTLY and PERMANENTLY banned if:
- Your first post is a plug or an advertisement for your channel, website or any other online service. You should introduce yourself and get to know others before you earn the privilege of promoting here
- Extreme spamming/bot spamming
- Harassment of forum members or moderators
- Advertising a rival forum or product to YTTalk at any time
- Advertising sub4sub or view4view or bot channel services
http://yttalk.com/threads/updated-brief-rundown-of-forum-rules.42258/

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
I have to disagree with 6&8 but thats for putting your opinion out there in public view and i work by myself and it gets hard some times i really want active subs more than anything and i already get traffic thankfully i had a headstart from posting old videos on youtube in the past:D

Reactions: Munnkyman

Lilikoi Juice

I do all my own graphics!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I only agree with a few of these, like #2, #3, and maaaybe #5 but disagree with most of this... Sorry, just sayin'.

Reactions: Munnkyman and KGATV

obscurimity

YTT's Tanager
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator

Why? Where's the originality in that? I want to see original makes, not harlem shake over 9000 times.
I like you more and more with each comment.

f**k I sound weird.

Reactions: Brandon and KGATV

AikoMiyoko

Queen Of Spam, Married To Count Teribil
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Sub4sub is one thing you should never take part in. This is just a personal opinion. True that people rarely sub someone if they had 20 subscribers, but there is a catch. If you put up good content for the niche that you are aiming for, people do eventually sub. I have never done a sub4sub throughout my one year here and youtube and started at the bottom like anyone else. you may get yourself your first 100 subscribers at a fast pace using sub4sub, but at the end of the day, you need to figure out if these 100 people will actually watch your videos? I would rather have 1 sub watching my vids rather then 100 000k subs watching none of them which beats the purpose of having a video up in the first place.

Another thing I would like to point out. Making a viral video may seem very enticing to some, however, at the end of the day, you don't want to have a channel with 1 video which is viral, and no other good content. Making continuous good content regardless of the views you get will have a better outcome in the long run.

As for negative comments, I think one should value a comment whether it is constructive or positive. What I would usually do is either come back with a polite reply to the negative comment rather than deleting them all. This shows your subbies that you are willing to listen to them even though their comments may not be something along the line of ZOMG YOU SO AWESOME I NEED TO ZOMG LOVE YOU NOW! Some comments which were negative actually made a huge impact on how i film my videos now and it has gotten better. The only thing I delete off my videos are vulgarities which I do not tolerate at all :)

But yeah :) thanks for posting this guide for newbies :p PEACE! :D

Reactions: Brandon and KGATV