How to get: Views & Subs *EASILY EXPLAINED*

nazyl

Reaction score
Now, this will be my first guide, so apologies if I do not go into much detail on certain things, but its the thought that counts in creating something like this, it also wont be long so dont expect to read much! Its about the quality and not the quantity these days!

How to get views;

Getting views is quite the easy part actually, its just whether you can put your mind to it and want to promote your videos that you have created.

Step 1: Make your video with a catchy, but effective title. Although some of my videos have really long titles (told by youtube icons when uploading a video) It explains what is going on an example would be; "(PS4) WWE 2K15 My Career Mode: "Catchy Title" [NEXT GEN/ PS4 / XBOX ONE]".
Although it is quite a long title, how many people would be typing all of that in?
None.
The trick here is, that you have labelled your video correctly, and now you have the opportunity to attract views who may have typed in; WWE 2K15 My Career Mode, or WWE 2K15 Next Gen/PS4/Xbox One etc etc. While making this is a huge title you are bound to get something (at least I hope so).

Also a tip for both types of channels, if you are not a gamer, and you are a vlogger, sometimes people that use CAPITALS as their title would get some sort of views if they are clicking on that however make sure that it is short, simple related to the video.

Step 2: Branding the Video. - Everyone loves thumbnails, everyone loves something catchy, the trick here is to make some thumbnails (even if you are not photoshop skilled (like me), it is the effort and the thought of branding you have done for your channel that counts). Bright colours attract the attention of potential views, so it is good to have something bright, orangey or pink in there to really get there eye.

- When making thumbnails think to include one of the most used phrases that would be in your video such as; "OMG" "WHAT THE HECK" "WHAT A GOAL" "OMG INFORM" "WELCOME TO" Stuff like that, in bright colors, along with a short and catchy title will almost help a lot. (If not, then just put part of the series in there, with the episode number, and a phrase used in that video (or something related in the video that may have been said or done).

Step 3: The Tagging. - The tagging is quite a difficult for some, and I have this chrome extension which allows me to see estimated revenue from videos and what people have tagged in their videos, which also gives you the ability to copy tags from any video that you may watch on YouTube. The extension is called; Heartbeat. It can be found on the Chrome Store, it is free too, so I suggest getting it as it may help.

Tagging appropriately is one of the key things to get views, if your video is not tagged, it would be basically pointless in creating a video in the first place! Make sure your tags are relevant to the video, and expand if you can, it surely does help ALOT. Go in depth, who cares if you have a lot of tags on your video, you have gone in real deep information to tag your video appropriately, making it more seeable for people in the future making them aware if you type in anything related to the video, your video will pop up in their feed at a point.
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR CHANNEL NAME IN YOUR TAGGING!

I recently found out that when I tried to see what videos I have on my channel, typing in my name "Ben Mercy" showed absolutely no videos when typed in, but only my channel. Now, if you have numbers in your name like i do, it would be best to type what the numbers represent, so you always have something to go by, and you will be easy to find when people want to search for you.

I'm not going to go in depth with how to tag a video, if you get stuck you are more than welcome to Private Messsage me, or leave a reply here and I will try my best to help you.

How to get Views & Subscribers;

Now, this may be long, but I will try my best to make it short in all ways possible.

Promoting your videos
Promoting your videos is one of the key things you need to do to get a somewhat fan base for yourself, it will encourage you to make more videos knowing that you have a following, - even though they may not comment on your videos, a number is a number and a number of subscribers is a person at the end of the day.

You have sites that you go on regularly? Twitter,Facebook,Insta, Reddit? and all of that? Well - there is the very first place you start. For twitter, when you are uploading a video you have a chance to automatically share a video when you are uploading it, the same on Google Plus.

Make sure, when doing so on Twitter and Google Plus you appropriately #hashtag# and put a catchy message up there for people to read as they will think "oh, whats this, lets click on it and find out" - BOOM THERE IS A VIEW! - That very same person, may like the video a lot and want to share it with his/her followers so you have gained what? Some extra views out of that too.

Reddit - Okay, so you have gotten a little lucky with those Twitter hashtags and the Google Plus things, now you really want to promote something to get EVEN MORE VIEWS! Reddit, for me is one of the best ways of doing so. You will want to make sure, you are posting your video in the right place, making sure that you have given it the at most catchy title you can, as people on Reddit seem to not bother as such, and want to not click on anything. Make sure you post on Reddit too, as you will not be able to upload for quite a while until you have done some commenting etc.

Faceybook - Facebook is simple, family and friends? Share your videos there, In groups that are related to your gaming? WWE Fan groups?Footy Fan Groups? American Soccer Fan Groups? NFL fan groups, WOW Fan groups? Pokemon Fangroups? Vlogging Groups? All of it, its a start, by sharing your videos there, you will get something out of it too! Even though they may not comment on the video, they have made a comment to you regarding your video WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE VIEWED IT!

YTTALK! - Now you may be thinking, YTTalk, I come here to get help with what to create and how I can do things? - Well you are semi correct, YTTalk is one of the best youtube forums out there all thanks to our good friend @Michael for creating such a forum and all the staff that are here to help us and assist us in our matters here on the forums.

YTTalk has a place in this forum, where you can share your videos, no matter what you do no matter what content you create, it is all here for your purpose and help and ways to promote yourself to the other members here. It is in the 'Videos & Channels' section of the forum, which is a great place to put a video.

Again, you will want to create the topic within the specific category and make sure you have a catchy title for everyone to read, and to get that potential subscriber at the end of the day.

However, you will need YT Cash, which you need to earn by posting around the forum and it costs 100 YT Cash, which enables you to post there, add a video to your signature and have a gold star next to your name :D.

Take advantage of the Video Signature - again, when you post, that will come under your message, to any time you post you are getting your channel out there just by that one video. Make sure that the thumbnail is catchy, clear and epic which will make people want to click on it and watch your amazing content you have done!

How to get Subscribers -

I have noticed that the majority of people do Sub 4 Sub, which is a NO NO NO. When making a video and doing commentary get the correct tone of voice, make sure you are funny during the video, upload consistently (daily videos) and make sure what you have done what I have said above correctly in various points.

Make sure at the start of your video you say "Hey guys its _________ If you are liking this series/video/channel don't forget to support/help me out with a like and hit that subscribe button".

Anything like that at first will make your audience know you want a subscriber, and then make sure you round it off at the end saying, "thank you for watching this video, I do hope you enjoyed the video, dont forget to comment,like and subscribe" - Anything like that will again, make the viewer aware to comment, like it and possibly hit that subscription button.

Collaborations - If you have a friend, or someone whom is relevant channel to what you do, why not ask them to host a video games series together? You will both be sharing your subscribers, views which all helps in the end.

Anyway, I thought I would make this little guide to help everyone that is starting off, in a small channel point of view.

If you are stuck and need help with anything I have mentioned, like I said before, please message me and I will do my best to help you.

THIS IS FROM A NEW YOUTUBERS POINT OF VIEW!
GOOD LUCK GROWING!
-BENM3RCY​

Thank's for this Treasure

Riderculous

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey ll: Trying to figure out the tags for my videos and I found this site which suggests tags based on keywords. You might find it helpful.

Site will not let me post a link-- Sigh-- Google keywordtool

Thanks

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the Info... i knew most of these tips but some really helped that i did not know! :)

Tama

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now, this will be my first guide, so apologies if I do not go into much detail on certain things, but its the thought that counts in creating something like this, it also wont be long so dont expect to read much! Its about the quality and not the quantity these days!

How to get views;

Getting views is quite the easy part actually, its just whether you can put your mind to it and want to promote your videos that you have created.

Step 1: Make your video with a catchy, but effective title. Although some of my videos have really long titles (told by youtube icons when uploading a video) It explains what is going on an example would be; "(PS4) WWE 2K15 My Career Mode: "Catchy Title" [NEXT GEN/ PS4 / XBOX ONE]".
Although it is quite a long title, how many people would be typing all of that in?
None.
The trick here is, that you have labelled your video correctly, and now you have the opportunity to attract views who may have typed in; WWE 2K15 My Career Mode, or WWE 2K15 Next Gen/PS4/Xbox One etc etc. While making this is a huge title you are bound to get something (at least I hope so).

Also a tip for both types of channels, if you are not a gamer, and you are a vlogger, sometimes people that use CAPITALS as their title would get some sort of views if they are clicking on that however make sure that it is short, simple related to the video.

Step 2: Branding the Video. - Everyone loves thumbnails, everyone loves something catchy, the trick here is to make some thumbnails (even if you are not photoshop skilled (like me), it is the effort and the thought of branding you have done for your channel that counts). Bright colours attract the attention of potential views, so it is good to have something bright, orangey or pink in there to really get there eye.

- When making thumbnails think to include one of the most used phrases that would be in your video such as; "OMG" "WHAT THE HECK" "WHAT A GOAL" "OMG INFORM" "WELCOME TO" Stuff like that, in bright colors, along with a short and catchy title will almost help a lot. (If not, then just put part of the series in there, with the episode number, and a phrase used in that video (or something related in the video that may have been said or done).

Step 3: The Tagging. - The tagging is quite a difficult for some, and I have this chrome extension which allows me to see estimated revenue from videos and what people have tagged in their videos, which also gives you the ability to copy tags from any video that you may watch on YouTube. The extension is called; Heartbeat. It can be found on the Chrome Store, it is free too, so I suggest getting it as it may help.

Tagging appropriately is one of the key things to get views, if your video is not tagged, it would be basically pointless in creating a video in the first place! Make sure your tags are relevant to the video, and expand if you can, it surely does help ALOT. Go in depth, who cares if you have a lot of tags on your video, you have gone in real deep information to tag your video appropriately, making it more seeable for people in the future making them aware if you type in anything related to the video, your video will pop up in their feed at a point.
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR CHANNEL NAME IN YOUR TAGGING!

I recently found out that when I tried to see what videos I have on my channel, typing in my name "Ben Mercy" showed absolutely no videos when typed in, but only my channel. Now, if you have numbers in your name like i do, it would be best to type what the numbers represent, so you always have something to go by, and you will be easy to find when people want to search for you.

I'm not going to go in depth with how to tag a video, if you get stuck you are more than welcome to Private Messsage me, or leave a reply here and I will try my best to help you.

How to get Views & Subscribers;

Now, this may be long, but I will try my best to make it short in all ways possible.

Promoting your videos
Promoting your videos is one of the key things you need to do to get a somewhat fan base for yourself, it will encourage you to make more videos knowing that you have a following, - even though they may not comment on your videos, a number is a number and a number of subscribers is a person at the end of the day.

You have sites that you go on regularly? Twitter,Facebook,Insta, Reddit? and all of that? Well - there is the very first place you start. For twitter, when you are uploading a video you have a chance to automatically share a video when you are uploading it, the same on Google Plus.

Make sure, when doing so on Twitter and Google Plus you appropriately #hashtag# and put a catchy message up there for people to read as they will think "oh, whats this, lets click on it and find out" - BOOM THERE IS A VIEW! - That very same person, may like the video a lot and want to share it with his/her followers so you have gained what? Some extra views out of that too.

Reddit - Okay, so you have gotten a little lucky with those Twitter hashtags and the Google Plus things, now you really want to promote something to get EVEN MORE VIEWS! Reddit, for me is one of the best ways of doing so. You will want to make sure, you are posting your video in the right place, making sure that you have given it the at most catchy title you can, as people on Reddit seem to not bother as such, and want to not click on anything. Make sure you post on Reddit too, as you will not be able to upload for quite a while until you have done some commenting etc.

Faceybook - Facebook is simple, family and friends? Share your videos there, In groups that are related to your gaming? WWE Fan groups?Footy Fan Groups? American Soccer Fan Groups? NFL fan groups, WOW Fan groups? Pokemon Fangroups? Vlogging Groups? All of it, its a start, by sharing your videos there, you will get something out of it too! Even though they may not comment on the video, they have made a comment to you regarding your video WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE VIEWED IT!

YTTALK! - Now you may be thinking, YTTalk, I come here to get help with what to create and how I can do things? - Well you are semi correct, YTTalk is one of the best youtube forums out there all thanks to our good friend @Michael for creating such a forum and all the staff that are here to help us and assist us in our matters here on the forums.

YTTalk has a place in this forum, where you can share your videos, no matter what you do no matter what content you create, it is all here for your purpose and help and ways to promote yourself to the other members here. It is in the 'Videos & Channels' section of the forum, which is a great place to put a video.

Again, you will want to create the topic within the specific category and make sure you have a catchy title for everyone to read, and to get that potential subscriber at the end of the day.

However, you will need YT Cash, which you need to earn by posting around the forum and it costs 100 YT Cash, which enables you to post there, add a video to your signature and have a gold star next to your name :D.

Take advantage of the Video Signature - again, when you post, that will come under your message, to any time you post you are getting your channel out there just by that one video. Make sure that the thumbnail is catchy, clear and epic which will make people want to click on it and watch your amazing content you have done!

How to get Subscribers -

I have noticed that the majority of people do Sub 4 Sub, which is a NO NO NO. When making a video and doing commentary get the correct tone of voice, make sure you are funny during the video, upload consistently (daily videos) and make sure what you have done what I have said above correctly in various points.

Make sure at the start of your video you say "Hey guys its _________ If you are liking this series/video/channel don't forget to support/help me out with a like and hit that subscribe button".

Anything like that at first will make your audience know you want a subscriber, and then make sure you round it off at the end saying, "thank you for watching this video, I do hope you enjoyed the video, dont forget to comment,like and subscribe" - Anything like that will again, make the viewer aware to comment, like it and possibly hit that subscription button.

Collaborations - If you have a friend, or someone whom is relevant channel to what you do, why not ask them to host a video games series together? You will both be sharing your subscribers, views which all helps in the end.

Anyway, I thought I would make this little guide to help everyone that is starting off, in a small channel point of view.

If you are stuck and need help with anything I have mentioned, like I said before, please message me and I will do my best to help you.

THIS IS FROM A NEW YOUTUBERS POINT OF VIEW!
GOOD LUCK GROWING!
-BENM3RCY​
Nice Info For me,,newbie :)