How to get views on videos people aren't searching for?

Battle Hogs

Reaction score
Hey! Go download TubeBuddy and learn how to use the Tag Explorer feature and put some effective tags in the videos. That will help a lot.
Tube Bubdy is very good, you can also try vidIQ.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
maybe "WEIRD GUY MAKES A POP-TART GIRLFRIEND"
is a wrong example.

I googled it just out of curiocity and it is a 2M viewed
video from a channel with 20+++ Million subscribers.
Also the video in details is a 30 person (cast and crew)
production with some Brand support if I got it right...
So no matter the title, there is a strong base to support it.

Out of topic...
It is funny that the second result in Google is a copy
of this video in another channel (probably illlegally)
with 3 or 4 views in total...

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So if you have a video that people probably aren't going to search for but still might find value in, what is some advice for getting those types videos discovered? Do you just have to start by making content people are searching for and once you have a following then create those not so searchable videos?
I use other platforms like question and answer sites, forums, groups my channel website, commenting on other related videos,if you have a list share the link with them....etc Hope that helps

Zach Werre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have the same problem sometimes I do videos of people don't really search for myself The Simple Solution is these videos need to be promoted a lot more like I promote mine on Instagram and Twitter it gets a lot of traction from Instagram since I have a massive following on Instagram about 2,000 followers
Gotcha. If you don't have a following on another platform, would it make sense to pay to promote your video instead?[DOUBLEPOST=1520463291,1520463053][/DOUBLEPOST]
is a wrong example.

Out of topic...
Yeah, maybe you're right. I was more trying to show how videos with titles I'm assuming nobody would even think to search still get a lot of attention. Of course, having the following that they have is probably what got most of the video's views. So does that mean that the only way to get views on videos with titles like that one's to have a following already?[DOUBLEPOST=1520463571][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use other platforms like question and answer sites, forums, groups my channel website, commenting on other related videos,if you have a list share the link with them....etc Hope that helps
Awesome, thanks for the advice! Follow up, what's the best way to share your video on other sites? I have shared videos on Facebook groups for example and usually don't get any new views on the video. I guess what I'm asking is, what do you say in a post, thread, message, etc. with a link to your video?

Reactions: videoeditgr

Nerfworthy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess even if you don't have any subs, if you know when to post your videos, and combining an appealing title plus thumbnail will really increase the viewers that come in. I've started studying art of perfecting a youtube channel and i can see now it's a big phisolophy and that if you really want to make it, you need to be more than "Just posting videos, when ya feel like it" Also as people said above, TubeBuddy will help you get a bit more viewers as it would suggest you trendings that people search for in that category.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
is a wrong example.

Out of topic...
Exactly what I thought. A big channel can churn out anything and it gets instant massive views then it’s off to the races on the trending and recommended pages. It infuriates me to no end as the titles tags and descriptions are short and don’t explain anything while we bust our tuchuses with all that for next to nothing to show for it! I’ve said before, if I ever get a million subscribers the next video will be an all black thumbnail and the title will be “A” with no description. Just because I could get away with it!

Reactions: videoeditgr

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think social media is the answer... If the video/tags/title is NOT being searched for you can always get someone you know to share it on social media (and your social media of course). Then I guess it would help with a great thumbnail and title..NO I DID NOT SAY CLICKBAIT:) But I guess you know what I´m talking about

Crazy Ace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! Go download TubeBuddy and learn how to use the Tag Explorer feature and put some effective tags in the videos. That will help a lot.
So I have some good news and bad news. First off Tubebuddy is helpful in some ways. I just watched a video of a youtuber that works at youtube and he says that tags are not apart of the algo anymore. All they are used for is checking spelling on the title. search YT for "A YouTube Employee Shares Tips for Getting Discovered"

Reactions: MedTerms

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I have some good news and bad news. First off Tubebuddy is helpful in some ways. I just watched a video of a youtuber that works at youtube and he says that tags are not apart of the algo anymore. All they are used for is checking spelling on the title. search YT for "A YouTube Employee Shares Tips for Getting Discovered"
Interesting, thanks for the link!

Crazy Ace

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess even if you don't have any subs, if you know when to post your videos, and combining an appealing title plus thumbnail will really increase the viewers that come in. I've started studying art of perfecting a youtube channel and i can see now it's a big phisolophy and that if you really want to make it, you need to be more than "Just posting videos, when ya feel like it" Also as people said above, TubeBuddy will help you get a bit more viewers as it would suggest you trendings that people search for in that category.
To follow that up a little Neftworthy, We did some paid advertisements on our videos. We found out that the best time to post your videos is on friday. Right around lunch time would be the best. Weekends get a ton more clicks/views then week days as far as we can tell. Again. We are not a very big channel and only spent about $20 budget or paid up to .11 cents per click. most clicks cost about .6 from what we could tell. Hope it helps