How to get video filmed on mobile to fit screen.

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone,

I just joined and first would like to say a big HELLO to you all :)

OK a bit of a YouTube addiction going on in my household right now with myself and my kids all having our own YouTube Channels (Just for fun mostly and mine for work).

We currently only film our videos via a Samsung mobile, and a few of our videos end up as portrait. I'm looking for a way to turn the portrait video to change to landscape to look better on screen and YouTube. At the start of some videos we put in logos or titles too which fit fine but not the actual video recorded :(

As we new to the nitty gritty of video editing, I only use apps downloaded on my phone - none seem to do this.

Is there a way of converting a video we have filmed from portrait to landscape please or an app/online program that can do this?

Thank you all in advance :)

Reactions: Ishtiak Ahmed

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hey ryansrs07.. quicktime player will do that for you. You tell it 'rotate left' /or 'right'. Then you save it. It saves it as a new copy and keeps your original file. Quick Time player is really simple to use. You can't help filming wrong way round sometimes. For youtube you need your resolution to be 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 ideally. Hope you get it sorted.

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you :)
I will download to PC and see how I go :)[DOUBLEPOST=1517150988,1517144254][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi again, I tried downloading quick-time player on PC but cant seem to do it??
Is there an app or link just in case I got the wrong one??

Reactions: Ishtiak Ahmed

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hi. I can't post a link in here but search "quick time player for pc" use the first google result in page. That should take you to the right place. You should arrive at a page titled
Download QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows
Think that should work for you

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I dont understand how the videos get recorded that way in the first place?!
But, when QT rotates the video, does it still look right afterwards? Correct ratio, etc?

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You record in horizontal thats all you need
- from someone who records mobile games

Reactions: ryansrs07