How to get Sponsorships

Burney&flaherty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
wow this really give me more of an insight of what i could achieve if i worked hard enough thanks!

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks very much Shane very helpful as always.

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Great info. Once I have my new channel built up and loaded with a descent amount of videos I want to move into tech reviews. Now if I could just get even 10% of my current followers to subscribe on youtube I'd be on my way. LOL

stepmack35

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow, great advice! I'll be looking back on this when I try for a sponsorship sometime in the future.

barbaricmustard

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good stuff. This is exactly how I got my Live Gamer HD capture card from Avermedia.

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have a template I generally adapt slightly to send out to companies. Some you win some you lose. I've had units from many different companies though and made some good contacts, such as Synology, Crucial Memory, Kingston Tech, GoPro, Lindy, etc.
In fact Kingston contacted me just last week as they wanted me to review a unit for them, and Lindy have contacted me just today with 2 sets of headphones, one wired and one wireless, that they want me to review.
Sometimes they don't ask for the unit back either so I get to keep it, whereas other times they collect the item from me once I've finished the review.

Week before last Kingston sent me their 512GB USB Flash drive to review, which is worth a lot of money, but I could only keep for 7 days! Other items I can keep for much longer.

You'll find that once you build a relationship with a company you don't need to keep chasing. They will contact you once they have something for you to review etc.

TooBIG

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Reviewer
My site is more popular than my YouTube channel and I get emails all the time asking to review their product. It's hard to keep up some time and spread them out. I have to really like the product to review it. If I'm paid to review a product I almost always state to them you may not like what you hear as my opinion is my own. I will not sell out and get paid to write a one sided review. I have lost money in this as a lot of products don't want you saying bad about their product.

I would say it's a 70/30 split between getting paid or just getting something for free. Sometimes I'm not even asked they just send it to me.