How to get Sponsorships

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hello YTtalk welcome to the first of my help threads!

So in this thread I`m going to cover :
How to get sponsorship by a publisher or games developer or retailer (bigger channels)
How to get sponsorship/free game from Indie Developers ( small channels)

When you get to a certain stage in your YouTube hobby / career you may be interested in getting some sort of promotion / sponsorship deal with an external company.

1) So first off if your channel has between 2,000 - infinite , legit and active subscribers you will be able (or at least have a chance) of getting a sponsorship by a medium/big company.
Examples : Gaming - You may be interested in getting sponsored by e.g. Tritton (Gaming headset company)
Other - You may make book reviews and are interested in get sponsored by a publishing company.
So what does "to be a sponsor" mean? Well in basic terms it means that you would get a product for promoting a company in Your channel banner / videos.
Lets go back to our Tritton example, so lets say you agree a deal with them where they give you a discount code to give to your views , lets say 10% off headsets and the agreement will most likely be along the lines of When that discount code is entered 1000 times we`ll send you a headset for free.
The same process applies for publishers etc.

2) So second , lets say if your channel has 250 - infinite subscribers you will have a chance of agreeing a once off or regular promotion / sponsorship with lets say an indie developer (small company 1 - 20 people)
Examples : Gaming - You find an indie ( not well known) game on a store such as Indiecity and you wish to promote/playthrough that game on your YouTube channel the dev(s) may agree to give you the game for free in return for a once off promotion (video/playthrough/review)

How to actually acquire deals such as sponsorship/promotion?
Go onto the company you want to make the deal with`s website and go to the "Contact(us)" page or similar, and look for either business email/pr(public relations) email or just regular if no others.
Send them an email , If you have a work/your own website email address that may be better as gmail looks unprofessional!

What to say in the email?
You want to keep it short and sweet , believe me finding a 2 page essay in their inbox isn`t going to impress them.
Cut out the life-story and get straight to business.
It would be a good idea to use spelling corrector!

So you`ll want to start it off with a greeting and a brief explanation of who you are and why you`re contacting them

Then add some stats such as " I get 800 daily views so I can get you some decent exposure"

Then Come up with a fair deal for both sides and leave room for negotiation e.g. "I`ll promote your site/link/discount for a month and in return you give me a product. GO IN-DEPT HERE.

Give a brief explanation on why they should pick you (over someone else).

Finish with a "You can get back to me via this email address" and your farewells!

WAIT and hope you`ve got it, plus DON`T spam them, if they don`t reply they`ve likely refused!!

Hope this helped you guys :)

Leave a like,
Shane

TheRobinDP

Piano Madness
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think that's really helpful.
nice post!

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
thanks for the post, I learned alot :)

J6rrrr

Reaction score
Quite intrestjng to read. Thank you for making this thread.

GGHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Very helpful; i never thought of doing something like this.

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Good information! Ill keep this in mind for the future! :)