How to get popular on YouTube

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If someone wanted to get popular on YouTube how would you advise them to do so?

It seems to me that since YouTube started it has become much more harder to become very popular on there, I have seen countless people with great videos without the recognition they deserve and getting popular seems to be becoming harder each day on there. By popular I mean getting a large audience and recognition for the videos.

If someone was in the same position as the person above how would you suggest they become more popular on there?

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
The big way to get popular used to be to get some sort of amazing or viral video, but I think now you rely more on other youtubers help. So doing stuff with other people in your area of interest would be a great way to grow. I know that's a big way to grow in the gaming community,

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im agreeing with Dutch, we seem too need to help eachother out to get our views, or subscribers in the gaming community. Just an hour ago i was in a commentary talking about the future of GMx. Which i will put a link too on my channel and on here talking about it. Now not saying thats what its all about, you need to be different also, such as if your just an average alan, you wont go far, talking about the gameplay never loosing focus just seems immoral too some.

Reactions: Michael

Quyen (quin)

Reaction score
^ lol
To be honest, i think you can only get popular on youtube if people like your content and they share it with other people. Well, i entertain people so if i know i at least entertain a good amount of people then i'm happy. Only time can make you popular or got really lucky xD

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
^ lol
To be honest, i think you can only get popular on youtube if people like your content and they share it with other people. Well, i entertain people so if i know i at least entertain a good amount of people then i'm happy. Only time can make you popular or got really lucky xD
Agreed. Persistence, luck, commitment (isn't that the same as persistence?), and content that improves. That's what makes you popular on youtube.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Being active on youtube and networking with other youtubers is what has helped me out a lot. Also using other social media platforms to bring others to my channel besides just youtube

MrLionProductions

I've Got It
Reaction score
I agree it seems very tough just to get people to share videos now. Even when im posting videos to facebook/tumblr it seems much harder these days to get the recognition. Ive had countless comments saying that my videos deserve more views than they are getting but cant seem to find that path to super growth. My channel has been growing and month over month its getting more views but it is a long process now. just keep at it if thats what you enjoy doing.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You could pay your dues as in work hard or Cheat how some people do