How To Get Popular On YouTube(For Beginners)

LazloCook

Action/VFX Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure we all want to get popular on youtube, here are some ways how.

1. MAKE GREAT CONTENT, this is the most important part of the process. If you make good content, people will keep coming back and liking and subscribing.

2. HAVE DECENT QUALITY VIDEOS, if you have one dime for every pixel in your video and you only have 10 cents, time to get a new camera.

3. DON'T SPAM, people hate this, especially when you spam comment on famous people's videos. It doesn't work.

4. UPLOAD FREQUENTLY, this doesn't mean make 15 videos a day. Once or twice a week is nice.

5. SET A SCHEDULE, don't just upload randomly. I upload every Friday. Try and make a schedule so people know when to go to your channel.

6. INTERACT WITH YOUR SUBSCRIBERS, make them feel special. Feature comments, have questions for your audience.

7. MAINTAIN AN ACTIVE FEED, don't just have your uploads in your feed. Watch other people's videos, subscribe like and comment on other people's videos.

8. ASK FOR SUBS, no, not in comments. Make a little ending on your video saying something like "I come out with a a new video every Friday. Click the annotation above to subscribe and don't forget to like and comment". It works. I have been doing it my last couple of videos and I have seen a significant increase in likes and subscribers.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you on youtube!

Sid_242

Reaction score
thanks man
I will surely give a shoot to it

L.G.

God is Good! :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
I'm sure we all want to get popular on youtube, here are some ways how.

1. MAKE GREAT CONTENT, this is the most important part of the process. If you make good content, people will keep coming back and liking and subscribing.

2. HAVE DECENT QUALITY VIDEOS, if you have one dime for every pixel in your video and you only have 10 cents, time to get a new camera.

3. DON'T SPAM, people hate this, especially when you spam comment on famous people's videos. It doesn't work.

4. UPLOAD FREQUENTLY, this doesn't mean make 15 videos a day. Once or twice a week is nice.

5. SET A SCHEDULE, don't just upload randomly. I upload every Friday. Try and make a schedule so people know when to go to your channel.

6. INTERACT WITH YOUR SUBSCRIBERS, make them feel special. Feature comments, have questions for your audience.

7. MAINTAIN AN ACTIVE FEED, don't just have your uploads in your feed. Watch other people's videos, subscribe like and comment on other people's videos.

8. ASK FOR SUBS, no, not in comments. Make a little ending on your video saying something like "I come out with a a new video every Friday. Click the annotation above to subscribe and don't forget to like and comment". It works. I have been doing it my last couple of videos and I have seen a significant increase in likes and subscribers.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you on youtube!
Great tips!

SLiCkxWiLL

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like that schedule tip. Never thought of doing it like that, will give it a shot.

Reactions: LazloCook

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
All good tips, many I've mentioned to others and follow strictly myself!
If I were to add one more to the list I would say:

HAVE CLEAN AUDIO!

Make sure you don't have extra noise going on and make sure you come through clearly! If people have to strain to hear what you're saying they'll close out your video even if it's 1080p.

Reactions: srdzn

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Great Tips that a lot of people overlook when creating content

Carl Hinton

Loving The Gameplay
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great tips guys, thanks. Is two daily videos too much then in your opinion's? I'm running through two lets plays at the mo, but would like to add more content on there. I'm just thinking that because January is such a lean month for games before Colonial Marines comes out in Feb, I should probably get some content on there first. Any constructive reviews of my channel would be really appreciated. I'm purely doing it for fun so please dont take it too seriously :)

Unknown_User11

Account Closed Upon Request
Reaction score
Here are 5 Tips from my E-Book!

1. Create A Blog/Website – Create a blog with information about your YouTube that you do not need to update, you can then use AdSense banner ads on that site to generate more revenue. I recommend using Wordpress.com
2. Create A Schedule – Release content on your channel on a stable schedule to bring readers back and make it easier to remember when they want to see your videos.
3. Set Default Settings – YouTube allows you to setup default video settings which can make using the same tags and descriptions for all new videos easy.
4. Post Video Responses – Post your videos on related videos as video responses to drive related traffic to your channel.
5. Use Annotations – Be sure to use annotations on your videos to inform users about new videos coming, and other important information related to your channel as well as telling them to subscribe.

Oh and I think two daily videos is FAR TOO MUCH. I like 3 a week personally.