How to get noticed when no one wants promotion?

SergeMTZ

New youtuber here. Started from scratch with no idea what to do. Slowly starting to learn editing, how to create a decent looking thumbnail, etc.

BUUUUT....

How to get views when wherever I'm posting, people don't appreciate people posting their videos/channels. I go on youtube, also posting good comments but so far, no views. Posted on reddit last night, something related to my last video, also posted the link there. Got 300 views in 1 hours and 15 comments, my video though? Got 5 views in the same time span. When I mentioned my video (although the link was there), people started downvoting and calling it a shill post.

How can you win this fight without doing stupid crazy things to get views or pay for them?

I'm struggling here and can't seem to find a solution. Help? :help:

Did you make the reddit post a link post, or a text post with the link in it? If it's a link post, anyone clicking on the post is redirected instantly to your video. If it's a text post, people have to read your post and decide to click the link in the text. It could make the difference.

I just mentioned this in a different post, but if you design your videos right you can get search views right there on YouTube. When I first started uploading on my main channel almost 3 years ago I had some instant success getting about 270,000 views(most of them in the first year) mainly from 5 of my first 15 videos.

Most of that all started from people searching for keywords, then later suggested views took over but at the start it was from the search bar. My castle crush videos, again started from the search bar. Suggested views did the heavy lifting long term but I didn't have subscribers who helped me ranked at first it was the search views that carried my videos up.

A lot of people come in here asking this sort of question, and I feel like targeting search keywords is still underrated. I have almost 1.3 million views on that channel and until recently I never really shared any of the videos anywhere else, the process was search > suggested > subscribers in terms of views. Don't get me wrong reddit can be great but the YouTube search bar can help you out if you target it. All time I actually have 483k views from search and 483k views from suggested, almost exactly the same amount. Anyways search views are 37% of my all time views and directly lead to another 37% in suggested. Browse features(subscriber feed/home page) is only 11% for me or 145k views and 5% or 94k views from external so don't underestimate the power of search.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put all your eggs into one basket. (that basket being YouTube) Don't be afraid of self-promotion. Try using Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Facebook groups are a great way to promote your content!

What's your channel about? (I clicked the link, says channel does not exist)

For saturated genre, like gaming which my channel is about, keywords do little as far as exposure. Most keywords are already dominated, so if I ever get lucky with that technique it'll probably be on a brand new hyped game that I manage to get my hands on early. You mentioned posting comments, this is my favorite method. However, it takes time. Getting lucky with one comment being on top for a few hours ain't enough. You have to become part of that channel's community. And don't go just for posting comments, reply as well. If you can help someone, do it. If you found a comment funny, reply to it.

If you are new, like me (2 months at it), you just have to give it time. Keep interacting with the community, but also work on pumping out quality content. The more content you have, the more likely people are to watch more and even subscribe if they see you have been consistent and are trying hard.

New youtuber here. Started from scratch with no idea what to do. Slowly starting to learn editing, how to create a decent looking thumbnail, etc.

BUUUUT....

How to get views when wherever I'm posting, people don't appreciate people posting their videos/channels. I go on youtube, also posting good comments but so far, no views. Posted on reddit last night, something related to my last video, also posted the link there. Got 300 views in 1 hours and 15 comments, my video though? Got 5 views in the same time span. When I mentioned my video (although the link was there), people started downvoting and calling it a shill post.

How can you win this fight without doing stupid crazy things to get views or pay for them?

I'm struggling here and can't seem to find a solution. Help? :help:

Your link doesn't work on here....go into settings and change it from user to channel and that should allow us to see your channel. In the mean time, try twitter, instagram and facebook. That may help.

Cheers,
Scott

good work ethic will get you noticed. it wont happen overnight so you got to continue to improve your quality of content and be consistent

Back