How to get more views for multi part series videos?

Jestersmiles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Going off on this, it's really helpful and convenient for your subscribers if you not only provide a playlist link in the description, but for people who go full screen and don't feel like clicking on a playlist, beginning and end video annotations that lead to other videos are very useful.

Personally with my Bioshock Infinite playthrough, I have a link in the description for the playlist, and at the end of my video, my outro has an annotation that takes users to the previous video and one that takes them to the next video. Obviously, you'd have to do some backtracking throughout your playthrough to make sure you add the next video annotation, but I think it would be a wise investment of time.

I actually went back and added annotations to the end of my videos and I already the see difference, thank you :). I will also spread out the uploads from now on to help my videos get views :).

Kevfactor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
honestly i skip annotations because im already spending like 10 min a video on other crap tagging and and what not. actually a big reason i upload longer clips now lol.

one thing i am going to try pretty soon is doing some highlights. maybe if somoen doesnt want to watch the whole series they'll watch like a 1 or 2 min clip of some of the best moments :)

Jestersmiles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
honestly i skip annotations because im already spending like 10 min a video on other crap tagging and and what not. actually a big reason i upload longer clips now lol.

one thing i am going to try pretty soon is doing some highlights. maybe if somoen doesnt want to watch the whole series they'll watch like a 1 or 2 min clip of some of the best moments :)
thing is with longer videos is your average person does not stick around for to long. Best to keep your videos 10 to 15 minutes long. I also started to doing highlights especially with games that I stream and games that give me problems with Content ID matches Like RE 6.

TheRomanticsWB

Jack of All Trades
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Still not sure that's true at all. I tested it out with a few of my viewers/subscribers on YouTube. I uploaded 29 videos over a 4 day period and they got updates for every single one. They also all showed up on the feed.

Anyone else?

Jestersmiles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Still not sure that's true at all. I tested it out with a few of my viewers/subscribers on YouTube. I uploaded 29 videos over a 4 day period and they got updates for every single one. They also all showed up on the feed.

Anyone else?
Tested that my self, and yeah my second channel got links for all the uploads.

TheRomanticsWB

Jack of All Trades
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Tested that my self, and yeah my second channel got links for all the uploads.
So I guess we need some more people willing to test this out but, it looks like spreading your videos out (for the reason of subs not getting the notices) is no longer an issue.

Of course you don't want to spam videos for other reasons but still, posting a normal amount of videos in any given time shouldn't hurt you at all since the subs are getting them all.

Keizaron

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally think it's better to do highlights after you finish a particular series. My own experience shows that, so long as you have annotations spread in highlight videos, if the highlight video is good, people will check out the videos that particular highlight was from.

God, run-on sentence.

EaglEye

Belgian Gamer With An Accent
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I have exactly the same problem, but have found some usefull tips here :)

Btw every youtuber has that problem, look up any game and you'll see that part 1 and 2 will always be way higher then the others.