How To Get More Subscribers

WonderHouseAwesome

Hello, I am AWESOME
Reaction score
God I hate when people add you as a friend on YouTube. Its cheap and annoying. I get that there is "some" benefit but 9/10 they will just either add you with out a second thought or just delete the message.
Anyway, YouTube is removing the 'friend' feature soon so it this won't be much help in the future.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
God I hate when people add you as a friend on YouTube. Its cheap and annoying. I get that there is "some" benefit but 9/10 they will just either add you with out a second thought or just delete the message.
Anyway, YouTube is removing the 'friend' feature soon so it this won't be much help in the future.
Thats why I think they need to give people some other ways to get their word out there, people cant really solely rely on YouTube search to be discovered and its probably why people have relied on things such as adding people as friends. It is getting tougher and tougher on there for everyone who is new to it.

How would you or do you go about getting more subscribers yourself or do you let them come in without promotion etc? I think you need to be very patient if you go that route.

WonderHouseAwesome

Hello, I am AWESOME
Reaction score
Thats why I think they need to give people some other ways to get their word out there, people cant really solely rely on YouTube search to be discovered and its probably why people have relied on things such as adding people as friends. It is getting tougher and tougher on there for everyone who is new to it.

How would you or do you go about getting more subscribers yourself or do you let them come in without promotion etc? I think you need to be very patient if you go that route.
I'm on my third year of making videos and Ive only gained 120ish subscribers, I like to think I have some patients. If you are good, then people will notice. Isn't this why forums like this was created. Groups of people to get together, make videos and friends and help each other make better quality videos?
A little over a year ago I was on another forum, it has been shut down for sometime, and I have made some of the best friends I could ever make. We help each out whenever we can, because of them I had grown from 20ish subscribers to the 100+ I have now. I know thats not a lot but I am slowly building more.
Networking on forums or sites like tumbr, facebook, and even the barren myspace are a great way to gain subscribers because they social. There's not a lot of socialness on YouTube, just the "friend" and "subscribe" buttons. Yes you have your videos and that little 'about you box' but its not enough. Thats why I think forums and social network sites are the better way of going instead of randomly friending someone in hopes of they will subscribe.

Reactions: Michael

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Youtubing to get subscribers is hard work. At least it is for me... I'm learning to be patient, but I agree that you have to put some effort in advertising yourself. It won't just happen by itself, unless you're extremely lucky.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I cannot find the link myself it only seems to show for me on the old layout, all I see is send message and block on their channels with the new layout.