How to get Channel to Rank Better?

LoganReynolds

Super Poster
Hey, so whenever I try to search my channel on Youtube, despite me being the channel with the most subscribers (name is Logan Reynolds, with a space), I still keep getting stacked below another Youtuber with the same name as me (Logan Reynolds) with less subscribers and my old experimental Vlog channel (which only had 46 subs and has been inactive for months)

How can I get MY current channel to actually be at the top when people search for "Logan Reynolds"?

And is ranking by total amount of views or by subscriber count?

Something you could do is put your name in the title of your videos, in the tags, and in the description. YouTube will recognize those as the keywords people are looking up, and bump you higher in the search.

does that work for videos only, or will it also boost my channel to the top as well when someone searches my name?

I'm not entirely sure on that, to be honest. I've never shared the same name as someone else, so I've never encountered the issue. I believe to do that you need more videos and such, though I may be wrong.

True, I had 7 videos on my old vlog channel (compared to the current 5 that I have) and the other user with the same name has like 25 videos...gahhh :p

True, I had 7 videos on my old vlog channel (compared to the current 5 that I have) and the other user with the same name has like 25 videos...gahhh :p

Just give it time, I guess. You'll get videos out there eventually, and by then you'll know if that has an effect on whether or not you go up in the search bar.

LOL when I search my name, there are several channels named JAWAD, and yet they have no content! So I guess I will fill the youtube with loads of videos, then I will rank at top :D

Hey, so whenever I try to search my channel on Youtube, despite me being the channel with the most subscribers (name is Logan Reynolds, with a space), I still keep getting stacked below another Youtuber with the same name as me (Logan Reynolds) with less subscribers and my old experimental Vlog channel (which only had 46 subs and has been inactive for months)

How can I get MY current channel to actually be at the top when people search for "Logan Reynolds"?

And is ranking by total amount of views or by subscriber count?

Along with putting your name in the Video Tags, Video Description and your About section, go to Creator Studio -> Channel -> Advanced -> Under "Channel Keywords" put your name and other relevant Channel Keywords.

As a few others have mentioned, add "Logan Reynolds" to Channel Keywords, the "about" section of your channel, and also in your video tags and descriptions

Hey everyone, thanks for the tips, but it still doesn't seem to be working :p

I'm still the 4th Channel when I search my name and now I really feel stuck :p

What other things can I do so that when people type in Logan Reynolds, I will be at the very top (meaning first) channel that they'll see?

And also, does this happen only because those channels have been around longer? Is there any way to fix this?

Back