How to get 100 YouTube Views Right Now

u_v

Reaction score
Hi all,

There are a lot of YouTubers out there that probably clicked on this post to find a hack to get more views on their videos. A rinse-and-repeat strategy that will get you to the level of PewDiePie or Zoella. Sorry, if you're looking for that stuff - you're in the wrong place.

This post is not a hack to get more views on your video, but a way of thinking about content and being tactful with your YouTube channel. While there is a chance you can get way more than 100 views using this method, I thought it would be a safe number to go with. :biggrin:

Let's get to it:

Analyse Trends

This is probably more relevant to YouTubers that that are are vlogging than gamers or people like me that have a channel focused around a specific topic. But for all of the others, look at what's hot right now. Understand what the world is talking about right now, and be one of the first people to do a video about it. The audience out there that is actually engaging with a particular topic, live, right now, would prefer to watch a video than to read an article about it. I am not talking about news stories here, I am talking about trends, conversations, hashtags, viral stuff. Understanding where people's attention is right now, making a video about it and adding a touch of your personality and opinion with it would not only get you more views, but open yourself up to a whole new audience that could potentially be your dedicated followers down the line.

So, how do you analyse trends? Simple, use the tools at your disposal:

1) Google Trends

If you haven't used Google trends already, it's a tool that allows you to understand what keywords are being searched the most right now, and how the searches for those keywords have grown over time. Now, this is important. For instance, if there is a keyword like beer or funny cat video that has a gazillion searches, don't play yourself by thinking it's hot right now. You want to look at the graph that tells you how a particular topic has grown over time - spend some time and look for that sweetspot between number of searches and the growth of that number.

2) Twitter

I love twitter. Not only is it a place where I get most of my news from, but it is probably one of the few true social networks out there. Like a huge, worldwide cocktail party - where you can jump into any conversation that's happening on the planet right now. Trending Hashtags on Twitter can be a useful indication of what's going on right now.

3) YouTube Trends

This might seem slightly redundant to some of you out there as if you're trying to make a YouTube video on a trending topic, and if that's trending on YouTube, you're behind already. Right? Wrong. YouTube trends can be an indicator of what's climbing up as far as video content goes. No one has ever stopped you from reacting or giving your opinion about a video that has gone viral, TODAY.

Share it on Social

Once you've got your topic, and you feel it matches the overall personality, direction and branding of your channel - it's time to jump right into it. Make a video, and share it on your social profile straightaway. Your friends and family that are online right now would itself account for 10-20% of your 100 views straightaway.

Engage in conversations

The Twitter trends you've analysed? Jump into those conversations. BUT, don't be a spammer. DO NOT be a spammer. Engage. Talk to the users involved in the conversation, share your opinion. Once you let yourself out there, people WILL check out your profile - and since you have just tweeted your video, it would be difficult for them not to see it. You've got the right audience, checking out the right content on your Twitter stream - boom. A few more views there.

Video Responses

In cases where the topic of discussion is around a video, OR there is a video about that topic gaining popularity, post your video as a response to it. I know the original video response section on YouTube videos are no longer there, however, it is likely that your video would show up as a recommended one if it has the title of the video you are responding to as yours with a "Response to" or "Re:" preceding it.

Snapchat

The reason I did not club this with the 'Share it on Social' point is because, Snapchat has a certain level of uniqueness to it. The main advantage of Snapchat is clear: ATTENTION. Since your audience only has those few seconds to see your photo/video (that would be about the new video you just shared), the level of attention is super high. Take advantage of that, and tell your Snapchat friends about the new video.

----

To conclude, the point here is, to find a trend and jump onto it. And remember, simply reading this stuff is not going to get you those views - take action.

If there's anything else you'd like me to talk about here, let me know in the responses below! ;)

(P.S: Remember, all of my posts here are also shared as videos and podcasts on my YouTube Channel and Soundcloud account - links in my signature!)

^uv​

Last edited:
Reactions: Megamindez

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
This was a really great post! I will definitely use some of these methods. Very useful!

Reactions: u_v

u_v

Reaction score
This was a really great post! I will definitely use some of these methods. Very useful!
Glad you found it useful, Becky! Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to write about :)

^uv​

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
HAHAHAA
I was expecting a hack and start bashing you but good job.

You win this round

u_v

Reaction score
HAHAHAA
I was expecting a hack and start bashing you but good job.

You win this round
Well, for a guy that sleeps barely 4 hours a night, hacks aren't even a thing.

Christiney92

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You make some great points :) I tend to upload a short clip of my videos to Vine too :)

u_v

Reaction score
You make some great points :) I tend to upload a short clip of my videos to Vine too :)
Thanks :) Vine is great, I am thinking of writing a post on that, too sometime in the future.