How to fix Blue Snowball mic?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
EDIT:
I managed to fix it!!
this video helped me:
/watch?v=Gp93OTmVC6Q

In case anyone else has the same issue I had (the muffled sound)

I've had this mic for probably like.. 2-3 years, I managed to sort it out before my laptop broke and had to get it wiped and fixed, but after my laptop was fixed it doesn't seem to want to work anymore.
It seems to record at like... 1/8th speed? It records in slow motion, a 30 second clip comes out at 8 minuets and is obviously unusable...
it's kinda annoying, clearly LOL

has this happened to anyone else??

Last edited:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am confused!

The microphone, just plugs on the laptop and carry the sound. Right? How can it select speed by itself?

:)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I am confused!

The microphone, just plugs on the laptop and carry the sound. Right? How can it select speed by itself?

:)
No, It can't, but I've always had issues with this mic.
I had to configure my laptop so many times to try and get the audio to not be literally so quiet you couldn't hear it, or sound like I was recording it inside of a tin can,
I don't know if it's faulty or something, but I've googled (my other issues, not this one) and I've found lots of people have similar issues :'(

StefanB89

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, It can't, but I've always had issues with this mic.
I had to configure my laptop so many times to try and get the audio to not be literally so quiet you couldn't hear it, or sound like I was recording it inside of a tin can,
I don't know if it's faulty or something, but I've googled (my other issues, not this one) and I've found lots of people have similar issues :'(
Here’s what you do:

1. Disconnect the snowball
2. Open up a window
3. Throw the snowball out of the window.
4. Ask a boom arm, shock-mount, Audio Technica mic with XLR (or similar) for Christmas
5. Result..

But in all seriousness that is weird, especially because the snowball is a plug and play mic so it has no saying in the recording speed..

So let’s start with.. what software do you record with?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Here’s what you do:

1. Disconnect the snowball
2. Open up a window
3. Throw the snowball out of the window.
4. Ask a boom arm, shock-mount, Audio Technica mic with XLR (or similar) for Christmas
5. Result..

But in all seriousness that is weird, especially because the snowball is a plug and play mic so it has no saying in the recording speed..

So let’s start with.. what software do you record with?

I just use my regular 'voice recorder' on my laptop, I'm actually not having issues with it being slow anymore (not sure what fixed it, but it's fine now) BUT I am having issues with the mic sounding muffled as fuuuuuuu- like I'm talking through a pillow or something.

I have been looking into getting a cheap lapel mic instead of using this big bulky thing, do you have any advice on what kind of thing to get?
Unfortunately I can't plug a mix into my camera, since it doesn't have the input necessary for it.. So I'd still be plugging it into my laptop..

Reactions: StefanB89

StefanB89

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just use my regular 'voice recorder' on my laptop, I'm actually not having issues with it being slow anymore (not sure what fixed it, but it's fine now) BUT I am having issues with the mic sounding muffled as fuuuuuuu- like I'm talking through a pillow or something.

I have been looking into getting a cheap lapel mic instead of using this big bulky thing, do you have any advice on what kind of thing to get?
Unfortunately I can't plug a mix into my camera, since it doesn't have the input necessary for it.. So I'd still be plugging it into my laptop..
Completely missed this, sorry don’t know if it’s still relevant but..

I don’t know your budget you can get a pretty ok mic for $50,-

You can get the yeti for $120,- but that thing is bulky as well

If you have some more to spend I’d recommend you get a AT2020 XLR mic with an focusrite scarlet solo audio interview (total with cables and boomarm around $200) superbulky but your audio will thank you..

If you want compact you can go for a lavelier mic, you can just tag m on your shirt hide them almost and the sound quality is pretty good starting from $40,-

Hope this helped.. sorry for the late reply, was busy editing a video XD

Cheers