How to fix bad youtube video quality?

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

I record gaming videos on my ps4 with some funny and epic moments and when I record them the quality is sharp on my screen but when uploading them to youtube they are bad and blurry. The engine will automatically choose the video to play in 360p - 480p but when I select 720p hd the quality comes closer to the one I had on my computer but sometimes it falls back again and becomes blurry.

I use elgato game capture and iMovie to edit in and I record in 720 HD thats the best my software can do I have tried 1080 but the company says my computer doesn't support that even though its only 2 years old if I choose 1080 it comes up with a yellow mark saying that frames drop :(
I have some settings in the game capture device where I can adjust the marker to record in either good, better or best and right now I have placed it between good and best should I try raise that?
But it would take up more GB per hour and also longer time to upload.

I hope you can help me? :(

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Hmm... try another program for rendering. I use Sony vegas pro. Maybe the other thing is that the video processor is not yet ready for the HD quality stuff. Sometimes it takes up to an hour or 2 for the videos to be uploaded in high quality or processed, that is why I put my videos on unlisted and when I see that they are up with HD quality I make them public.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you mean about putting videos up unlisted and how do you see before publishing that they are with HD Quality? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1486565012,1486563409][/DOUBLEPOST]I
Hmm... try another program for rendering. I use Sony vegas pro. Maybe the other thing is that the video processor is not yet ready for the HD quality stuff. Sometimes it takes up to an hour or 2 for the videos to be uploaded in high quality or processed, that is why I put my videos on unlisted and when I see that they are up with HD quality I make them public.
checked the sony vegas pro its not available for Mac :(