How to fix audio and video not in sync?

CharType

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recorded a let's play video recently, and I really like it, but there was an error in recording. The audio isn't synced up with the video. I used Open Broadcaster Software on a Mac OS X computer. Can anyone tell me how to sync up the audio with the video? I'd also like to know how to stop this from happening in the future. Should I change my recording software? Might it be a problem with too much running on my computer?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
premiere pro would be a good program to do this quickly, also OBS is not in any way a good program to record audio on, what you can do is record the audio separately and sync it up in post.

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As long as you have an audio track for the video, you can sync the correct audio easily in Premiere Pro using the Synchronisation too. You will see it when you select the clips and right click.

Reactions: Brandon

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Best way is to record your video with whatever software you use, make sure it doesnt record your audio either, record your audio on something like audacity and then sync them both together when editing, i tend to clap at the start the video so its all synced up and then i just cut that out the video

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Best way is to record your video with whatever software you use, make sure it doesnt record your audio either, record your audio on something like audacity and then sync them both together when editing, i tend to clap at the start the video so its all synced up and then i just cut that out the video
I'm sorry but that is bad advice.

You need the software/camera to record audio so that you can use it as a scratch track. This allows your video editing software to match the audio from your improved audio (e.g. audio recorder) by matching the audio from the bad track to the good one.

Once the quality audio recording is matched to the video, you can delete the scratch audio.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: jwl9brla

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

You need the software/camera to record audio so that you can use it as a scratch track. This allows your video editing software to match the audio from your improved audio (e.g. audio recorder) by matching the audio from the bad track to the good one.

Once the quality audio recording is matched to the video, you can delete the scratch audio.

Well this works for me, no errors in the process so..[DOUBLEPOST=1485179941,1485179679][/DOUBLEPOST]

Besides, isn't that the exact same as what i said? i use my phone to record my face and that catches my audio and i just remove that and replace it with my captured audio which is clean?

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well this works for me, no errors in the process so..[DOUBLEPOST=1485179941,1485179679][/DOUBLEPOST]

Besides, isn't that the exact same as what i said? i use my phone to record my face and that catches my audio and i just remove that and replace it with my captured audio which is clean?
You said to make sure you don't record audio when recording video. That is the part I was referring to.

You need to ensure audio is recorded so that you can sync correctly.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You said to make sure you don't record audio when recording video. That is the part I was referring to.

You need to ensure audio is recorded so that you can sync correctly.

yeah i get you now, yeah when i first started recording, my face recording captured my audio, my audacity captured my audio and so did my other software, i meant it like, dont make that mistake, make sure its off on the software like OBS but keep system sounds on haha

Reactions: Kevin Muldoon

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I use cubase 8.5 for my audio, what do you do to stop bleeding in the good quality audio? Do you use a special mic?

Kevin Muldoon

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I use cubase 8.5 for my audio, what do you do to stop bleeding in the good quality audio? Do you use a special mic?
I mainly use an audio recorder though I occasionally use a shotgun microphone on my camera. When recording through my PC I use Adobe Audition to do voice overs on pre-recorded video or simply use screencasting software such as Screenflow or Screencast-O-Matic.