How to find your niche?

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys

So I have been doing youtube on and off for the last 2-3 years of hobbies and stuff that I like how ever my intentions was to build up a serious business and I felt like no matter what I did I would also run into a wall trying stopping me from doing progress.

I started a channel "Exoticcars95" which was about cars and it did pretty good I didn't get a lot of views but I got some few everyday which was an indicator for that there was a demand for it but progress was really slow and I didn't make a lot from it even though I started to learn and become better at how to find the right keywords that would rank my videos better and ensuring more exposure I always found that after a couple of month my videos would decrease in views and I had to do new once plus subscriber growth was also pretty slow and it would also cost me money to go to all the car events I attended in.

So I wanted to find something that didn't cost me a lot of money which I could do from home so I started another channel called "SSSharpShot" that was about gaming (mostly battlefield 1) and that was even harder than first expected as the gaming market is huge and very competitive so after a while I lost interest as I couldn't see an opportunity for myself being able to establish myself in that area.

I found a channel called "Sunny Lenarduzzi" and she is basicly making videos about how to become your own boss, she said that the method many youtubers has used to build a successful channel was not to target a wide audience of people but to find your own niche that has same interest as you but not so much competition.

I have different kind of hobbies I like gaming when ever its console or app games doesn't matter, I love cars ,
I love to work out, I like food and I like techs/electronic so my question is how can I find my own niche that shares same passion as I do?

I have seen channels which has thousands of videos with under 200K subs and then I see channels with only 111 videos that has over 300K subs but its also worth to mention that not all of these channels were targeting same audience.

I know it was a long essay but I hope you managed to get though it and if you read this you deserve a huge thank you for at least taking the time to read my topic.

Cheers from,
Oliver

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So what I get from this is that you are trying to figure out what kind of videos you want to make. Let me give you a tip in advance. Step away from the idea of making money. Step away from the idea of become big on Youtube/famous. What do YOU want to make? You list a lot of things you like, but where do you think your expertise lies? What do you enjoy doing the utmost?

Everyone can make a cooking channel. But if you have no new info to share or interesting recipes, people aren't going to watch it. Same goes for fitness. You can like going to the gym, but if you don't know how the machines work, how to train your body and how your muscles work, you're just going to have videos about you working out. Not very interesting, no?

So take a step back and look at YOURSELF first. What do you feel passionate about? What is something you want to share with people? If none of the things on your list tick these boxes, its better to drop the whole thing. Why? Because you won't last. If you don't enjoy what your doing, you will burn out faster than a candle on the wind. You need INTRINSIC motivation! Not just extrinsic (making money, reaching an audience). Choose something you absolutely (not just slightly) love doing and grow things from there.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So what I get from this is that you are trying to figure out what kind of videos you want to make. Let me give you a tip in advance. Step away from the idea of making money. Step away from the idea of become big on Youtube/famous. What do YOU want to make? You list a lot of things you like, but where do you think your expertise lies? What do you enjoy doing the utmost?

Everyone can make a cooking channel. But if you have no new info to share or interesting recipes, people aren't going to watch it. Same goes for fitness. You can like going to the gym, but if you don't know how the machines work, how to train your body and how your muscles work, you're just going to have videos about you working out. Not very interesting, no?

So take a step back and look at YOURSELF first. What do you feel passionate about? What is something you want to share with people? If none of the things on your list tick these boxes, its better to drop the whole thing. Why? Because you won't last. If you don't enjoy what your doing, you will burn out faster than a candle on the wind. You need INTRINSIC motivation! Not just extrinsic (making money, reaching an audience). Choose something you absolutely (not just slightly) love doing and grow things from there.
Your totally right I loved doing car videos and traveling to car events was a great experince it wasnt with the focus on making money I really enjoyed it but its also not free so I wanted to also do something I can do at home without spending too much and gaming is another hobby of mine I like. Only problem is that its so competitive that I dont feel like there is a chance for me and I cant find a way to get to my audience thats the problem I do realize making money on youtube isnt something you start doing over night and it could be great but for now its just a side hobby I have but I want to build it up to something serious in the feature, sorry for not clarifying that earlier in my post :)

SupWithT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

this is totally true...I had to look into games that I actually wanted to play not just play games to get famous...that comes with time of course

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do what you do best with low cost per video with small time consuming.
It usually takes a whole day to get to the destination of where the car/cars is and to get home edit them but then I also have videos for a couple of weeks so I dont have to go to a new event the next day :thumbsup2:

Reactions: Gamayun

Tommyukuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

You should start a motivational channel!!!!! :)

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

Tommyukuk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hahaha, thank you, that is very nice of you to say! But I don't feel like I have enough expertise in this to make videos like that [emoji14]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk
Well.. as many on here would say, you can only try! I think from what I've read you'd be very good at it!!!! :)

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad