How to find what people want to see?

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How to find what people want to see? How do you like know what kind of video you should make? Something that people actually search on, and watches... I want to grow and do youtube, eventually for a living, but I need something that people actually want to watch. I think I am entertaining enough, I know enough english, but what should i go for? Hard..

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
There is a market for almost anything on YouTube. I just saw a fish review channel with 25,000 subs... Make what you love, and if it is good then people will come watch your content.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You don't necessarily search for viewers; they search for you. YouTube has a very large viewer base so niches have their own too.

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't necessarily search for viewers; they search for you. YouTube has a very large viewer base so niches have their own too.
But how do I know what people search for?

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Geeeze. These days everything has just about been covered. Find a successful channel you like and break it down from the top. Add your own special twist. The key ingredient is going to be finding something you love doing. That's what will help you become great.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
But how do I know what people search for?
You don't, people would automatically do so. The world is so huge, there's a room for everything.

Let me give you an example. How would HowToBasic, a "crazy" person who smashes eggs and destroys almost everything on camera manage to appeal to millions of people? Bizarre hobby, but people still like him!

jd_techsetupgear

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Make videos you want to make. If you just make videos that people just want to see then you could loose creativity along the way.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I mean Google trends is useful to some degree. Probably not for a channel like mine as it's generally full of Donald Trump stuff or pop stars so not really relevant. I just make what I like to cook, some videos are successful some are not. I mean reddit seems to like my videos at the moment in the r/cookingvideos section, which also gives me an idea what people like. Also trending tab on youtube can help. But I think the most important factor is make what you enjoy, first and foremost. I mean if I got fed up with cooking I wouldn't carry on with the channel would I. Not that that will happen as cooking is life to me, I love it lol

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
There is a niche for everyone, you should just do what you like to do. Its really hard to create content you are not comfortable enough cos it'll lose quality. Just try doing stuff you feel content about and it'll bring people.

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The easiest way is to think of an idea and then begin typing it in the YouTube search bar, if you see a few suggestions that pop up then there are people searching for those keywords. But in general there's plenty of people searching for any topic, if you make videos about something you're knowledge in then people will notice when they search for it.