How to find Trends in your Channel Niche?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone here growing their channel using trending topics in their niche? Any tips to share on finding trending topics?

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Trends die ...young and cost a lot!
If for example watch just drone trends and new models (assuming that it is a secondary tool to get some b-roll) you will lose control. Camera models stabilizers action cameras (including GoPro's price drops) gear and gear promoted by well known big youtubers reviewed and unboxed by maybe thousands of people and used by manymany more. And next season they are selled on e-bay half priced with all accesories everyone bought...
That is a perma-trent if you have the money or the connections to get new gear :) :p

As far as I can understand trend is transitions, luts, live sessions as long as "masterclasses" seem to fade out and yes Youtube itself. So I never tried a trend not even unboxing. Simple tests of gear? Yes. Stock footage for consistency? Yes. But i do not think that this is trend. :)

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Trends die ...young and cost a lot!
As far as I can understand trend is transitions, luts, live sessions as long as "masterclasses" seem to fade out and yes Youtube itself.
I think there are many types of trends...there are keyword trends that spice up a video title
There are classic trends (evergreen trends) that last for a long time,
There are power trends that short leaf but are very powerful (the type of trends you are referring here)
There are social and news trends and the list goes on
what I want to know is how to find those classic and power trends in a particular niche

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Aren't they called "trends" for this reason?
I mean they are variable?
:) :p
trends.google.com/trends/
youtube.com/feed/trending
but guess, you already know them...
Maybe watching a topic / niche for some time, will give you the answer
as long as you will get familiar with what is trending, how is presented
what stays evergreen how was keyworded, how viwers reacted etc.
:)

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I only use trends when its relative to me
For example
Channel Awesome I did a video on because 40+ content creators left that channel.

Logan Paul I did a video on because I could not believe that someone would lower themselves to the point of disrespecting a dead body just to get views.

If a video topic is important enough to me then sure but my channel isn't based on just trending topics.

Just sayin

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I often use my own previous videos, as strange as that may seem to detect trends. Especially if I can see a pattern in videos that did well, it can help me to reproduce the success. One trend ( not like a new "trending" topic, but something that produces above average views) for me have been giant card videos for the game I play. I saw this trend in previous videos looking at the ones that did better than average and I have made a whole series because of noticing that trend. Almost all of those videos have done quite well for me.

You can also look through other channels in your niche and look at what videos they made recently that seemed to do better than their "average". Sometimes there may be a way for you to make something similar and feed the same demand or get suggested on their video. I think this is one of the maybe best ways to find trends. This is the most powerful if you see it happening for a smaller channel because a larger channel doing the same type of video can get get more exposure than the original person got. It's all about seeing demand that is outside of their normal views and think about where is that coming from.

Other trendy topics can be obvious or anticipated, like the game I play on my channel just had an update and I instantly know things related to the update that will be trendy because they are new and people will want to see videos about them. I also have knowledge about what my audience likes, so I can mix the new update content with videos on my channel that are proven trends like what I mentioned above.

I think to catch the most explosive trends, unless you are really lucky or use personal knowledge to anticipate what people might like... I think you want to look for other people who caught trends and then follow up on that. The trend I mentioned catching someone else had already had success with but I thought they hadn't fully filled the demand for it. I'm not talking once everyone and their mom has made a video, I mean like you see one or two smaller people have surprising success with it.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not talking once everyone and their mom has made a video, I mean like you see one or two smaller people have surprising success with it.
Great tips ....and yes I know what you mean by smaller channels getting high view counts ...it signals a trend to follow Thanks man thats what I have been looking for. However I believe there might still be other tips to detect trends on youtube