How to find non-copyrighted music for your video

Firingsniper

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello, I use music for my videos, and quite satisfying ones too.
I'm going to tell you how to find music without copyright, without have to worry that your video is blocked in some countries etc.

It's really a pain to go through each single video and go dig in the description to wonder if it's copyrighted or not, and forget all the pop, rap, movie soundtracks, and most of the music that has vocals in it. It's most of the time copyrighted. So far I only know few genres that isn't copyrighted, classical and electronic.
If you want classical music in your video (Which I doubt you will) then go ahead, type some old artists. Most of them aren't copyrighted.
If you want electronic music in your video, unfortunately not all of them are non-copyrighted. There are few channels that show you music like these, Monstercat - Proximity - xKitoMusic. All of them show electronic music, and half of them are free. Their titles have the following if they are non-copyrighted
[Monstercat Free Release] [Free]
If you find them, then you are allowed to use it without having YouTube modify your video.

CrusherVII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No copyright sounds is another its a YouTube channel all they ask is you give credit to the artist and the channel

Last edited:
Reaction score
Technoaxe I use his channel all the time. Just give him credit and he gives you songs

WaveMedicine

Short 3-5 minute "funtage" gaming videos.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Royalty Free Music
Incompetech (I heavily rely on this one)
Jamendo (I use occasionally)
There are a ton of free sites!

YouTube even has their own library of free music, right?

A lot of indie / YouTube artists, etc., give permission to those who ask as long as you agree to credit them. Provide in your description their channel link, video link, all that useful stuff.

xKito is awesome, I'm subscribed to her. I've never thought about using her music she promotes though.

Punky

Reaction score
Muserk.com has $15 licenses for YouTube too, which is pretty close to free.

petr_ind

Reaction score
Audiojungle can be option.
Also, some MCN give some music library to use.

Sjors

The Juggling Youtuber!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Approaching Nirvana and K-391 will offer you free to use music too, but read their decriptions! (Both electronic music)

Brickpro

GFX artist, Tech Reviewer, VFX!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Designer, Other
NoCopyrightSounds, AgroFoxCC are some great ones. Another things are, if you are apart of a MCN like Freedom, you get access to Monstercat, AudioMicro, EpidemicSound, PositionSound, and others!

WorldOfSupercars

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Unicorn Music is another awesome place! Has Rap, House, Electronic, Trap, Dubstep and more. Also it is no copyright and most of the songs have vocals :)