How to easily find the link that links annotations to a video in playlist mode

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a little trick I found that saved me having to go and search for the playlist of a video I wanted to link to every time I wanted to find a video and have it open in playlist mode. You do this by finding the playlist's Url that you can then simply add on to the end of videos you want to open in playlist mode

So what you do is go to the playlist you want and you should see that the url should be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0IA4W-J7DS7kgfogH_gmrEYltRXR2Itd <------

you need to copy the bit after playlist? and save it somewhere (I saved it into a stick note in the stickies app) and add a & at the beginning of it so it should look something like this:

&list=PL0IA4W-J7DS7kgfogH_gmrEYltRXR2Itd <------

Make sure you note next to this jumble of letters which playlist this is for ;).

Now all you need to do when linking to a video and want it to open in playlist mode is to get the video URL and add the playlist id at the end like this:

youtube.com/watch?6Js5HcaB9tg&list=PL0IA4W-J7DS7kgfogH_gmrEYltRXR2Itd

^^^^ Video URL^^^^ .......................... ^^^^Playlist ID^^^^

Hope you found this helpful :D.

Thrashbat

Thrashimation's Favorite Bat!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Comedian, Animator
I've got a centralized document with all of my different links for different videos. That is, the short version of the link, the full version of the link, the long version of the playlist starting at the first video, the short version of the playlist (I made, like http://www.smarturl.it/NonsenseNews), the individual video in a playlist link, the subscribe link, the Facebook and Twitter links, and of course our actual channel link. That's a lot of links! :eek:

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
I made a playlist just yesterday and of course I find this a day late. I eventually figured it out, but looking at the internal YouTube links I also found one that had the video ID, playlist ID and "index=2" (second playlist item). Does anyone know what "index" does? Is it wise to include it in the URL?

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I made a playlist just yesterday and of course I find this a day late. I eventually figured it out, but looking at the internal YouTube links I also found one that had the video ID, playlist ID and "index=2" (second playlist item). Does anyone know what "index" does? Is it wise to include it in the URL?
I'm not really sure what index does but I never had any problems not using it.[DOUBLEPOST=1384657251,1384657040][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've got a centralized document with all of my different links for different videos. That is, the short version of the link, the full version of the link, the long version of the playlist starting at the first video, the short version of the playlist (I made, like http://www.smarturl.it/NonsenseNews), the individual video in a playlist link, the subscribe link, the Facebook and Twitter links, and of course our actual channel link. That's a lot of links! :eek:
I actually have a list of some links but not that many :O.

Relex

Potato Master
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice little tip! Didn't have a clue about this! Thanks for the advice!