How to deal with negativity

Queen

Reaction score
Hey Everyone :)
How are you doing? I’m new here and signed up because I’m going through a rough patch on YouTube (as we all do) and was wondering how you cope with the negativity?

I’m a pretty small channel (2.6K) growing around 100 a week. I provide gaming content. Now everything has been great until recently. I used to get what 2-3 dislikes on average and some as high as 8 and my like ratio is always over 100. But lately I’ve developed a hater and I get 50+ dislikes on each video now.

First I thought maybe I was doing something wrong but after digging into the stats more I received 439 dislikes in a one day period from the Netherlands across all my videos. I started hiding the ratio but realised that’s pretty much admitting defeat. Obviously I get some pretty nasty comments also, but nothing too bad. It’s mostly the dislikes I feel is ruining my credibility to those who come to my channel to find out the latest news and glitches. So my question was how everyone else deals with the hate and keeps their heads high? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcNL

Reaction score
Ah yes, the Dutch, you can't trust them ;) No just kidding. Your amount of dislikes in certainly excessive for such a short period of time for a channel of that size. However, if you didn't release anything offensive I wouldn't worry about it because it's probably a hater indeed and they will always be around. Not sure how one hater can dislike 50 times per day though... I get a dislike here and there but I'm never too worried about it. My likes still outweigh the dislikes and I'm proud of my content so I stand by it.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get many dislikes and nasty comments every single day. I have reacted to them differently over the years. But now I just ignore them.
So with experiance I would suggest you do just that - ignore them. Its its extrem - block them.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the YouTube main forum. :)

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just shrug it off bro! I was and maybe still am an oversensitive butt. However if you can respond to hate in a positive manner, it returns a little of that credibility. People will see that an perhaps respect you more!

Poop happens. It’ll be okay :) Take it less seriously. Trolls get tired!

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s a lot of dislikes are you posting your videos on Reddit? I posted a video on Reddit and I had a few people from there harassing me, later on I deleted my Reddit account.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd suggest just simply annoying it.
I know it can be very upsetting or even problematic, but if they don't see a response from you, they'll f**k off sooner or later.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just don't care. In fact, if I get significant negativity, it means I'm doing my job. Sometimes I wish I got more.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Sometimes we make a bad video that just gets a lot of dislikes..We learn from it and move on..
But we also have a couple of haters associated with a competing channel - might even be the same person with multiple accounts.. So we know that for every video we will get 40, 50, or 60 thumbs-up, then the two peanut-gallery ‘tards will make themselves feel better by doing their thumbs-down..
Either way, you pretty much learn from it when the video deserves it and ignore the rest.. it’s rare that you will ever make EVERYONE happy..
Besides - most people say that Youtube sees a thumbs-down as an ‘interaction’ and it may even be helpful! So, thanks hate-tards!

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i wouldn't worry about a few dislikes i see a lot of good videos from creators who get dislikes it comes with the game as long as the likes are double than the dislikes you're doing fine if someone wants to click your videos just to dislike than ole well they still clicked your video so you're winning ! Id just make the content you want i wish i got hate comments and dislikes i'm literally a dust cloud of a youtube channel lol!!!