How to deal with dead subscribers?

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys!

So I have my channel and I have one HUGE problem with it! I have my channel since 2010 and I have some active weeks, but a LOT of inactive weeks without me uploading a single video! I think this caused my subscribers to become inactive, which really sucks because new videos barely get views....

So, what would you guys suggest? I was thinking about just creating a brand new channel, but on the other hand I don't want to do that because I love to see the progress I made by keeping my current channel. Any ideas? Does anyone have the same problem? Should I just deal with it and just think that every video is just my first one?

Thanks!

Reactions: ChrisLegend

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi
Just checked your channel and it looks strange with 2000+ subs and barely no views??
I would´nt know what to do here, but if your subscribers are not actice at all I think one could consider a new channel
But again -Not sure what to do here

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Bury them, do a viking burial, whatever floats your boat (or sinks it in case you choose the viking method)

Reactions: Brandon and Crown

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Umm i know you can message subs. Maybe take some time and send a bunch of messages to them (obviously with over 2,000 subs copy and paste the same message) it may not get a lot of them back going, but its nice to reach out. I mean to throw your channel away with this much of a head start is a big decision.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Umm i know you can message subs. Maybe take some time and send a bunch of messages to them (obviously with over 2,000 subs copy and paste the same message) it may not get a lot of them back going, but its nice to reach out. I mean to throw your channel away with this much of a head start is a big decision.
Great idea, I believe you can message multiple people with TubeBuddy. What would you suggest to write in that message? "Hey guys are you still alive?!"

Reactions: Awesomejosh12345

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great idea, I believe you can message multiple people with TubeBuddy. What would you suggest to write in that message? "Hey guys are you still alive?!"
I think something along the lines of. "Hey guys thanks for subbing to my channel originally. I know ive been away for a while, but i just want to let you know im back making videos and coming out with some great new series! If there is anything you want to see from my channel please let me know so we can grow this thing together." you know what i mean. kind of gets them involved and feeling like they have some investment in your channel.

Sensei Ian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hmm, only having 20... I already feel like I have dead subscribers as well haha. There's got to be a way to grab their attention once more..

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would suggest you continue with the content you upload that goes viral. :) More of the subscribers are then interested in your uploads

AquariumCoop

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There is nothing for you to gain by starting a new channel. Youtube algorithm rewards those who keep attention of viewers and punishes those who don't. If you start making regular content again that is watched by people youtube will serve your videos more into their feeds.

Look at youtube like a job. You used to have 2000 customers. Then you stopped showing up to work for weeks a time. The boss gave your customers to other employees. If you can come in every day and work hard and show that you're back better than ever, the boss starts handing you back customers. But it will take a while as you've already burned the bridge once.

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think something along the lines of. "Hey guys thanks for subbing to my channel originally. I know ive been away for a while, but i just want to let you know im back making videos and coming out with some great new series! If there is anything you want to see from my channel please let me know so we can grow this thing together." you know what i mean. kind of gets them involved and feeling like they have some investment in your channel.
Thank you very much, sound like a great idea! Might look into it, hopefully this will work!

And thanks everybody for your great advice! I just need to become more active and wake up the dead ones ;)