how to collaborate

Reaction score
So I hear about collaborating all the time but have never done it and all honestly I am scared to do a collaboration. What do you do when you collaborate with someone? how does it work?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

So I hear about collaborating all the time but have never done it and all honestly I am scared to do a collaboration. What do you do when you collaborate with someone? how does it work?

Hi, welcome :)

Well an example of potential benefits of a collaboration:

Channel A is a comedy channel that makes funny gaming videos. They have 5000 subscribers who enjoy comedy and gaming.
Channel B is a comedy channel that makes funny sketches. They have 5000 subscribers who enjoy comedy sketches.

Channel A and channel B decide to make 2 videos together (vid1 and vid2) in which they make a funny video and they both appear in both videos saying / doing funny stuff.
Channel A uploads video 1 to his/her channel and channel B uploads vid2 to his/her channel.

The positive result is that the audiences of both channels will discover a new comedy channel and they might subscribe to it.
There is little chance they will stop watching the original channel because they aren't directly competing (one is gaming comedy and the other is comedy sketches) - So both channels will probably gain a few hundred new viewers but probably won't lose any viewers to the other channel. It's win-win. :)

The key to a successful collab IMHO is to find similar channels but which are not directly competing with each other. :)