how to choose the cover image

hey guys i would like to know how do you decide what to put on the cover image for the videos on youtube?? and how do you insert writings in your video?

You need to enable monetization to access the custom thumbnails option. Once you have done that, you can insert your own thumbnail in the editor.

Without custom thumbnails, you'll only have a selection of three thumbnails YouTube has made for you. When you have the ability available, a forth box appears. (In this picture, it's the one that says "If Dogs Could Take Selfies" under the three automated thumbnails)
b01bfc56e1bdb27f744a2f3b2d10cc76.png

To make a thumbnail, use programs like photoshop, gimp, paint.net, or any other photo editing program/website. I personally use http://www.picmonkey.com/. There you can add text, images, etc. Make sure the thumbnails are 1280 x 720. Once done, just upload it through the editor, and just like that you got yourself a custom thumbnail.

THANKS DUDE[DOUBLEPOST=1395351158,1395350991][/DOUBLEPOST]WHEN DID YOU MANAGE TO ENABLE MONETIZATION? HOW MANY VIEWS DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE?

You need to enable monetization to access the custom thumbnails option. Once you have done that, you can insert your own thumbnail in the editor.

Without custom thumbnails, you'll only have a selection of three thumbnails YouTube has made for you. When you have the ability available, a forth box appears. (In this picture, it's the one that says "If Dogs Could Take Selfies" under the three automated thumbnails)
b01bfc56e1bdb27f744a2f3b2d10cc76.png

To make a thumbnail, use programs like photoshop, gimp, paint.net, or any other photo editing program/website. I personally use http://www.picmonkey.com/. There you can add text, images, etc. Make sure the thumbnails are 1280 x 720. Once done, just upload it through the editor, and just like that you got yourself a custom thumbnail.
sweet website!! now i can make my own thumbnails :D but just a few questions, do you pay for the premium version? and how do you cut out yourself and have a coloured background like your arizona tea? (dont worry i wont be copying you :))

Back