How to choose a network

Unknown_User4

Closed Upon Request
Reaction score
I have read a lot of posts on YTTalks in the last 7 days alone. I figured I would post how content producers should actually chose a network. The following information below is free of crap, I am telling you the honest truth. I work for a large YouTube network ( currently the fastest growing on Youtube ) and we have less than 200 producers.

In the short part of it a network is a two way street which I think is the most common misconception I see online. In no sense of rudeness but in honest truth, what you offer to a network is just as weighed as what they offer you. I see hundreds of channels targeting huge networks when in reality they have low views and low growth. Not to degrade anyone or be rude, but when you research a network you want to sign to you should be considering what you offer them.

Lets put this in to an example. A channel getting 30,000 views per month is going to make around $30-$50 depending on all factors. Considering cuts and shares the network will usually receive $5-$10 max. In weighing this, what benefits should you receive for that $10? In the same instance what should someone receive for $100,000 with a cut?

What I am trying to get at is that what a network offers to you should always be weighed to what you offer them. In this case you need to look less at the network name or network size and more at what they actually offer. When choosing a network from the hundreds of options keep that in mind and I think it will make your findings more reasonable.

I am interested to hear responses. Let me know your thoughts on it. Everyone has an opinion they are entitled to.

TO CLARIFY: I am referring to all aspects of benefits. Promotion, features, CPM's. Everything.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that everything you said is certainly interesting. It's true, you have to make sure that your network is making offers that are genuinely interesting to you personally, so you have to make sure that you don't just take the first offer you're given. If you do this, you may receive a poor offer accompanied by a long lock-in rate. I'd first make sure that you have a well-developed channel that can stand on its own, so you have more of a choice on who to go with. Also, noting how long they will keep you in their contract is important. TGN lets you leave with a month's notice, so starting with them isn't the worst idea in the world, as it gives you an idea of what partnership is like. Also seeing if they offer promotions for partners is nice, although very few offer this.

Reactions: wajinshu

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Billy Gates,
I agree with your post. I see a lot of channels looking
to get the highest revenue share yet they don't have
very much traffic or very many subscribers.

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Very good post! I stickied this one!

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I work for a large YouTube network ( currently the fastest growing on Youtube ) and we have less than 200 producers.
It would be nice if you would name the network, because every network on YouTube gives the same "we`re growing the fastest" statement...

"In the same instance what should someone receive for $100,000 with a cut?" The only networks I see doing this close to right is Revision3, Base79, Collective, Channel Flip or BigFrame. Everyone else seems to take 10-30% even from bigger channels...

"What I am trying to get at is that what a network offers to you should always be weighed to what you offer them. In this case you need to look less at the network name or network size and more at what they actually offer. When choosing a network from the hundreds of options keep that in mind and I think it will make your findings more reasonable." That`s why my network trys to offer as much as possible ;)

The thread was helpful but you should really mention what network you`re in...

Reactions: MattZ

Unknown_User4

Closed Upon Request
Reaction score
It would be nice if you would name the network, because every network on YouTube gives the same "we`re growing the fastest" statement...

"In the same instance what should someone receive for $100,000 with a cut?" The only networks I see doing this close to right is Revision3, Base79, Collective, Channel Flip or BigFrame. Everyone else seems to take 10-30% even from bigger channels...

"What I am trying to get at is that what a network offers to you should always be weighed to what you offer them. In this case you need to look less at the network name or network size and more at what they actually offer. When choosing a network from the hundreds of options keep that in mind and I think it will make your findings more reasonable." That`s why my network trys to offer as much as possible ;)

The thread was helpful but you should really mention what network you`re in...
I post on this website to offer the truth to channels with no crap involved. I am not here to waste anyone's time. For that reason if someone is interested they can contact me. I am not here to advertise the company I work for. If I was I would list it.

Based on YouTubes statistics channels within the company I work for grow faster than any other network on YouTube. Fullscreens ratio growth stats are less than 1/5th of ours.

I offer my services to large channels to offer an actual benefit.

As for the earnings portion. We have multiple channels that fit that ratio and we are not one of the companies you listed.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Based on YouTubes statistics channels within the company I work for grow faster than any other network on YouTube. Fullscreens ratio growth stats are less than 1/5th of ours.
Growth in what regards? Overall Network Views? New Channels joining the Network?

It is also important to know how financially sound the Network is. Machinima (for example) is big but their financial problems should be a concern to anybody interested in joining them.

Unknown_User4

Closed Upon Request
Reaction score
Growth in what regards? Overall Network Views? New Channels joining the Network?

It is also important to know how financially sound the Network is. Machinima (for example) is big but their financial problems should be a concern to anybody interested in joining them.
I was told I have a warning for trying to recruit on YTTalks by a moderator although I have not.

The information I am providing is not to sway users as a warning I am stating statistics not bais opinions. Instead of saying network I will say " the company " to ensure that.

Growth average per channel. Meaning quality over quantity is the goal of " the company ". Average channels, through " the company's " features lead to more growth than the average in other networks. Just the statistics.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Growth average per channel. Meaning quality over quantity is the goal of " the company ". Average channels, through " the company's " features lead to more growth than the average in other networks. Just the statistics.
I never got the impression that you were trying to recruit.
It seemed to me that you were going out of your way to be fair and unbiased.

As for your statistics, is there an independent website, other than Socialblade, that publishes detailed statistics like you mention? You can PM me through my YouTube channel if you need to.

Unknown_User4

Closed Upon Request
Reaction score
I never got the impression that you were trying to recruit.
It seemed to me that you were going out of your way to be fair and unbiased.

As for your statistics, is there an independent website, other than Socialblade, that publishes detailed statistics like you mention? You can PM me through my YouTube channel if you need to.
Sorry if I mis-worded it, a moderator of the site said it was bias but I can send you a YouTube PM to explain more. I will do that now and include YTTalks in the title of the PM.