How to change the ./channel/xxxxxxxxx URL?

NeonNights

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi there, I have a question, how do you change your channel username for the url that goes youtube.com/channel/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My URL for youtube.com/c/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is as it should be, but when I try to access it via /channel/ it says channel does not exist.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I see your URL as youtube.com/user/ANocturnalA and I am not sure what your youtube.com/c/????? name would be.

It is kind of confusing. I have multiple vanity URL's all pointing to the same channel...

youtube.com/user/dismalbliss
youtube.com/c/robertangle
youtube.com/RobertAngle

The first one was my original username. The middle one was my YouTube custom URL. And the latter one was courtesy of being a Google Plus insider back in the day.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Reactions: Crown

NeonNights

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I see your URL as youtube.com/user/ANocturnalA and I am not sure what your youtube.com/c/????? name would be.

It is kind of confusing. I have multiple vanity URL's all pointing to the same channel...

youtube.com/user/dismalbliss
youtube.com/c/robertangle
youtube.com/RobertAngle

The first one was my original username. The middle one was my YouTube custom URL. And the latter one was courtesy of being a Google Plus insider back in the day.
My URL-s currently:

youtube.com/user/ANocturnalA
youtube.com/c/NeonNightsChannel
youtube.com/channel/UCrTeuVswPozq3VJKN73-N0g

The user one is like that from the start, and I don't even know if it can be changed, the second one I made with the youtube custom URL option once it got approved, but what boggles me is the last one, with the /channel/ prefix, I thought that one would also change to "NeonNightsChannel" but it obviously hasn't, and I'd like to know if it is possible to change via some YT option. Also the first one too, the username ANocturnalA, can that be changed?

Thank you

Do you mean when you enter your channel name into the forum for YTtalk? If so, this link may help you set it up:

If you are asking about how to sign up for a YouTube custom URL, this support site has listed out the requirements:
Thanks, I already set up everything here on YTTalks, and I've also claimed a custom URL, the rest I described in the quote above.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
but what boggles me is the last one, with the /channel/ prefix, I thought that one would also change to "NeonNightsChannel" but it obviously hasn't, and I'd like to know if it is possible to change via some YT option. Also the first one too, the username ANocturnalA, can that be changed?
The /channel/ one cannot be changed. I think the /channel/ URL is the default URL for every channel. I suspect the /c/ and /user/ URLs are just forwarding to the /channel/ URL. I think the /channel/ URL was YouTube's way of pulling all the older accounts (from before Google bought YouTube) and the newer YouTube accounts together.

Users can no longer obtain /user/ account URLs, so you most likely won't be able to change that URL.

Reactions: NeonNights

NeonNights

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The /channel/ one cannot be changed. I think the /channel/ URL is the default URL for every channel. I suspect the /c/ and /user/ URLs are just forwarding to the /channel/ URL. I think the /channel/ URL was YouTube's way of pulling all the older accounts (from before Google bought YouTube) and the newer YouTube accounts together.

Users can no longer obtain /user/ account URLs, so you most likely won't be able to change that URL.
Thank you for the answer, that solves one mistery!