How to calculate views to income?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everybody,

So I'm trying to figure out exactly how much content to put out in order to reach $100 threshold from adsense, I know it really depends on alot of factors, but what I'm trying to do is I guess have a "formula" that I can put numbers into to see how much I can expect in a single month of putting out videos. I have noticed that over time the threshold does take less and less time to get to. (For my first payout, it took 1.5 years, then the 2nd time took 7 months, and the last took 4 months)

Any mathmatecians able to take into account views, CPM, ect to create a formula of how much content I need to put out?

The reason I ask is because it's easier for me to create a content plan based on the return I'm going to get if I invested into facebook and youtube ads for my channel.

Appreciate the help!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's not related to how much content a channel puts out. It's the views that matter. More specifically, monetized views. A channel could put out 2 videos per day for a year and still not earn much if nobody's watching. Likewise a channel could create 1 video that goes viral and earn more.

So how many views would you need to earn $100 ? Based on the conservative worldwide annual average RPM of $1, then a channel would earn $100 every 100,000 views.

Factors that will affect the above calculation:
Time of year: Money is better towards the end of the year and bad at the start.
Demographics of audience: Traffic from USA, UK and other English-speaking countries and other developed countries will earn more than from developing countries.
Suitability of content: If the content isn't considered family friendly, then advertisers don't want to advertise on it. So earnings would be low obv.

(moved the thread to the monetization forum)