How to build up a Dubstep or Electro song ( TEXT )

Victor

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey there, I know that there is alot of music makers out there that are making very great songs with good synths and good mastering. But something that loads of people dont think about is that they got to have a build up. Follow these simple steps and you will see for yourself that having a builup in your songs makes it way better !
--------------------------------
1. The intro

The intro is the first part of your song. This is where you got to make things rock. Make the intro intressting to the listeners and you will make sure that they will continue listening to the rest of the song. And when they are listening to the whole song, they might go check out all the other songs you have if they liked it.

2. The drop

The drop is the main part of youir song, this is where stuff needs to be really heavy. The drop is ment to be good. So make sure that when you'r making the drop make it heavy, make things explode so the listeners really like it.

3. Break down

The break down is where the listeners is going to rest their ears. Try to bring back stuff from the intro to the break down so stuff stays together, make the breakdown also intressting in a peacefull way I'd like to call it.

4. Second drop

The second drop is going to be pretty much the same as the first drop, but this time you can try to make it even more heavy or make it the same, but at the same time make it different. Mess around with the synths , samples , kicks and snares but make sure to keep the same start Notes on the piano roll. You can also mess around with the tempo..

5. Outro

The outro is the last part of your song. You dont reallt nessesary needs to make this interessting because loads of people dont listen to the last part of the song, but it cant totally suck, it got to be matching with the intro but in a outro way. Make this last part a little bit chill for the listener so he gets different types of feelings while listening.
-------------------------------

These are my tips and tricks. I dont use them always my self, but i try stick up to it as much as possibile so your song gets a little bit struckture. You dont want to make your song boring want you ?

Feel free to share these tips and use them in your songs.

If you found this usefull, please like and comment. For more detailed tips you can message me at Youtube or here at this forum. Also check out my youtube channel, would be nice if you subscribed :) !

VKNSoundz @ Victor

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Indeed I think people will find it usefull, but I don't like dubstep or electro.

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What programs and sounds do you use to create dubstep? Iv always been interested :p

Victor

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
There is loads of programs you can use. I use Logic Pro 9 for MAC. But you still have Reason , ableton , fl studio and loads of more :)

appache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you want some exposure I can hook up some trax on my Dubstep Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dubstepstreaming

It gets decent views, and growing.
I just recently start the fan page and twitter.
I hope to grow this into something where I can help artists get even more exposure and possibly start releasing music.

Hit me up Via the YOUTUBE channel.
If you have any friends that are good producers, send em my way too!