How to be the next Ryan Toys Review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun with Sarah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
but I made those vids because I wanted to and found the time, not because they'd get the traffic spill.
We might never become super successful because we will always struggle to do videos for the sake of views alone. Will be great though if we can still build an audience making videos we enjoy creating. :)

Still, I've had several videos that went huge by now independently, so I've seen how these events play out in the analytics multiple times, hence all that stuff I wrote.
Very interesting, thanks!

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Copying is a form of flattery. How many Coke bottle gummy jello DIY have you seen on Youtube? We saw that was a great project so we copied it.

We have been doing Youtube for a month so we are still in the stage of "see one, do one". Hopefully the next two months we will be in the stage of "teach one".

Last month we did not know what a "channel" is on Youtube. Now we knew.
Haha thats what i did. Saw it first on the youtube trends dashboard and tried making one. Came out ok i think!

Just went on your channel hoping to find a gummy bottle. By the way i like the variety on your channel. Just seems more fun to have more choices. But my opinion doesnt matter as much as a two year old unfortunately. I see a lot popular topics so you guys are definitely trying. Best luck to you. This can get kind of tough and depressing a little bit if you look at other channels who are sky rocketing. But hey if you upload hundreds of videos for a few years i guess your bound to get big eventually i think?[DOUBLEPOST=1458287283,1458285899][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey so everyone i think i know they got big. Its similar to luck but it isnt luck. And you cant replicate their success by copying their surprise egg videos.

I havent fully fleshed this out. But my theory is they got big because of timing. The stars aligned and everything they were doing at the moment was the right thing to do. Their videos were in the right place at the right time and they were set on an awesome google algorithm trajectory.

My theory is egg suprise videos and giant egg surprise and some of their other topical videos were getting popular when they started but there were fewer of it. It wasnt so crowded. So when the big channels were doing it they were able to get into their suggested video spots. But now the surprise egg videos are so over saturated good luck getting any exposure. Also last year and the year before is when a few articles and news pieces came out about kid toy channel successes and i think that category exploded with new channels. Its why i started. If you search for channels with keyword "toy" in the name there are half million of them. its tougher now cuz theres so much competition for popular keywords.

So i think its probably too late to use giant egg surprise as a train ticket to success. would have been a good idea last year though.

toywithtoys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey so everyone i think i know they got big. Its similar to luck but it isnt luck. And you cant replicate their success by copying their surprise egg videos.
I can imagine how it feels to be left behind. However, I am pretty sure you will be big someday if you keep at it because there are three certain things in life: death, taxes, and get big on Youtube.

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha thats what i did. Saw it first on the youtube trends dashboard and tried making one. Came out ok i think!

Just went on your channel hoping to find a gummy bottle. By the way i like the variety on your channel. Just seems more fun to have more choices. But my opinion doesnt matter as much as a two year old unfortunately. I see a lot popular topics so you guys are definitely t

So i think its probably too late to use giant egg surprise as a train ticket to success. would have been a good idea last year though.
While I think there is definitely some truth to your observation-- last summer saw an explosion of 'giant' surprise eggs--don't downplay the fact that they make really good, engaging videos. They have been able to sustain and grow far beyond their initial gateway video with a variety of content.

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
While I think there is definitely some truth to your observation-- last summer saw an explosion of 'giant' surprise eggs--don't downplay the fact that they make really good, engaging videos. They have been able to sustain and grow far beyond their initial gateway video with a variety of content.
Yup. speaking of engaging, i think one of the best channels out there is axel show. they should have a million subs in my book. Them and race grooves. But thats just me.

JackJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup. speaking of engaging, i think one of the best channels out there is axel show. they should have a million subs in my book. Them and race grooves. But thats just me.
The Axel Show was the first channel our son followed when he got into Youtube. They are quite unique, and starting to do pretty well. They are not so much a toy channel in the strict sense.

Reactions: FamilyToyReview
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My daughter has been watching a lot of these channels for sometime now. Every night she hops on the Ipad to be entertained by watching. Its unreal how she is so captivated by watching other kids play with toys. So much so, that she has been asking me to let her create her own videos. I have finally given in and we have went full scale! Any advice or help that will help her grow would be appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1478475098,1478474744][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way. I love this forum with people coming together to share ideas!

Reactions: JackJack
Reaction score
My daughter has been watching a lot of these channels for sometime now. Every night she hops on the Ipad to be entertained by watching. Its unreal how she is so captivated by watching other kids play with toys. So much so, that she has been asking me to let her create her own videos. I have finally given in and we have went full scale! Any advice or help that will help her grow would be appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1478475098,1478474744][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way. I love this forum with people coming together to share ideas!
Hey there. Looks like we started around the same time. My kid said the same thing after watching other kid videos for over a year. So we created his channel in OCT. Congrats and good luck with creating the videos!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

This thread is from March. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are.

There are loads of threads here about growing a channel. I suggest you start by browsing and reading the relevant sections:

Strategy: http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/
YouTube tips: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tips-tutorials-help-guides.91/
SEO tips: http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-video-marketing-strategy-seo.88/

Members looking for specific advice for their channel based on their existing channel or videos may ask for a review in the review forum. (http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/ ) (maximum 1 review request per week)

Status
Not open for further replies.